Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Old 10-04-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Re: GOP plan to dump paul

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The whole thing reminds me of a prank I helped organize in college. The College Republicans were holding their "election" for president of the organization at their general meeting. We brought in a large number of ultra-liberal students to the election to join the club and vote in one of the liberals as president of the org.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet jesus do I hate when this happens. This actually happened to a local chapter of the Green Party. A bunch of libertarians came out of nowhere and elected themselves to all the positions because they had a hole in their constitution. Very random stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's totally stupid (I know), but it highlights why the primaries SHOULD be restricted to party members.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, in this case, the primaries should be totally funded by the parties themselves, instead of using taxpayer-funded voting machines, personell, and locations.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:14 PM

Or maybe this is a great reason why a "party" system is a ridiculous way to determine who should be in charge?
Old 10-04-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The whole thing reminds me of a prank I helped organize in college. The College Republicans were holding their "election" for president of the organization at their general meeting. We brought in a large number of ultra-liberal students to the election to join the club and vote in one of the liberals as president of the org.

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweet jesus do I hate when this happens. This actually happened to a local chapter of the Green Party. A bunch of libertarians came out of nowhere and elected themselves to all the positions because they had a hole in their constitution. Very random stuff.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's totally stupid (I know), but it highlights why the primaries SHOULD be restricted to party members.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course, in this case, the primaries should be totally funded by the parties themselves, instead of using taxpayer-funded voting machines, personell, and locations.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The republicans do not have a good recent track record of doing things that would help them win elections.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with you on this, the republicans are very adept at winning elections, just look how far they got before stuff started to catch up with them.