Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

View Poll Results: Should gildwulf be made mod of BBV?
Yes 6 35.29%
No 5 29.41%
Don't know 3 17.65%
Don't care 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-25-2007, 06:15 PM

Default Re: What an atheist is, for Splendour

[ QUOTE ]
I would like Splendour to read all of this online book WHY DOES GOD HATE AMPUTEES and then give a chapter by chapter summary of the key points and what logical reason he has to disagree with said points using his own words (instead of merely quoting/linking)

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not even close to being a theist, but stuff like this strains credibility since they do just as much question-begging. For example, in the intro after telling us about a teacher getting executed:

[ QUOTE ]
What we do know is that these deeply paradoxical situations happen all the time, and there must be a reason for that...

[/ QUOTE ]
No there doesn't. So, God exists and he doesn't give a [censored]. Borrrrrrrring.

Another part that I thought was illogical and sucky:

[ QUOTE ]
once we know that the Bible was written by primitive men rather than God, then it is automatic that God does not answer prayers and that Jesus was a completely normal human being. The Bible is the book that tells us about prayer and Jesus, so if the Bible is meaningless then prayer and Jesus are meaningless as well.

[/ QUOTE ]
Uh, no. I mean they probably are meaningless, but this is not a very good reason.