Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 01:57 PM

Default dumb end of straight... limped pot.. felt or fold?

Just wondering what you guys would do in this situation. I originally thought this was a no brainer but after going over it the guy who checkraises has to have quite a monster.
Is this just a standard reraise here? I have to be ahead of their overall range, the only problem is that i hate going broke in limped pots. Tell me I'm an idiot for even thinking about folding this..

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $7.25
Hero (BB): $10.00
UTG: $11.60
CO: $1.30
BTN: $9.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG folds, CO calls $0.10, BTN calls $0.10, SB calls $0.05, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.40) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $0.40</font>, CO calls $0.40, <font color="red">BTN raises to $0.80</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.20</font>

Pot Size: $3.20
Old 09-19-2007, 02:21 PM

Default Re: dumb end of straight... limped pot.. felt or fold?

I think that i would raise SB.I would make it 4$.If he pushes and has Q 8 or KQ then u got unlucky.
Dont see a fold there.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:50 PM

I think this is a fold. You have the [censored] end of the straight, with 2 more cards to come that couldn't improve your hand in any way, unless you hit the backdoor flush draw. Both SB and BTN are showing a lot of aggression, + CO is in there drawing to something. I think one of them flips over KQ or even Q8 here often enough where this is a fold.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:11 PM

9TJ is always a scary board and difficult to play if you caught a piece of it. It'd be easier to judge if you had some sort of read on your opponents, but with no reads it's tough. At first I thought this was a fold but thinking about what hands we could be up against may change things.

Lets think, what hands are we likely against here that we beat?

JT, J9, T9, QT, QJ, Q9, 98, J8, TT/JJ/99 (very unlikely as they'd probably raise but at this level I've seen people overlimp with these hands so I'd say possibly but unlikely).

Now what hands beat us? KQ, Q8 and we tie with 87. Now, I'll admit that KQ and Q8 seem a bit more likely due to the minraising going on, however at these stakes players will minraise will all sorts of hands, many of which you beat.

So are we felting here? It's close but I think it's probably the best play.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:13 PM

I think it's very likely we are beat.

I think some people will hate this sentence but "You didn't invest much, you're in a tough spot, let it go."
Old 09-19-2007, 04:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think one of them flips over KQ or even Q8 here often enough where this is a fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree- only because I've felted the azz end of a straight to have some donk in the blind have the better. Q8 is not out of the blind range since it was an unraised flop. Against 1 player, I may play it aggressively but with 3 other people in, there are too many outs that can hit that beat you.

Say SB has the Q, CO hit a set of 9s and BTN has 2 pair (J10)- any 8,9,10,J,K kills your hand. You're basically a coin flip to win it. This is probably giving too much credit to all these dudes but either way, it's going to be scary watching the turn and river come.