Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Can I still call here? What range do you put him on? Enough equity?

Relatively new to the table (15 to 20 hands)
Villian has been fairly aggressive but hasn't done anything ridiculous. Should I be c-betting this flop? I don't think he has a piece and he's fairly sure that I don't. On the turn should I be check/calling? (i assume thats the better line) However, with how the hand played out, do you call?
Please feel free to berate the way i played the hand as well.
thoughtful comments much appreciated.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.05/$0.10 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $10.00
BB: $16.30
UTG: $9.80
Hero (MP): $10.25
CO: $5.65
BTN: $23.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.40</font>, CO folds, BTN calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.95) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.90</font>, BTN calls $0.90

Turn: ($2.75) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.75</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises all-in to $22.55</font>

Pot Size: $28.05
Old 09-16-2007, 03:01 PM

Default Re: Can I still call here? What range do you put him on? Enough equit

I probably bet less on flop, a paired flop doesn't need to be cbetted for full pot normally. Turn bet could be argued that you don't really have any FE so you could check it, the only draw you could be pushing out is a worse draw than yours most of the time and he's not folding a 9 or 8.

You're not getting odds to call if he has any piece. You have at most 14 outs and most likely only 8 based on the way he played it. I don't think a 9 would checkraise allin here and the way you played it looks like a big pair. I would fold it.