Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2007, 08:42 AM

Default Re: September Low-Content Thread

Bryan is the #1 dealer abuser at Commerce. Almost all the dealers know him by name and hate dealing his table. He always complains about "bad beats" and everything but blames the dealer. If he wins a hand he says "whaah happeened Dealar? you fuc.k up? You gabe me a hande?!" It really makes me laugh but he says some pretty mean things sometimes. He generally plays a weak-tight game.

2. It was like 35893 with a busted flush draw on the river.
Old 09-08-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So he called the turn and folded the river with 44? What a fish.
Old 09-08-2007, 09:22 AM

Went to Oceans for live poker fun tonight, here are two memorable hands from the 75/150 there against Gary (2p2er).

Limper, Gary raises, coldcaller, I call 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in the BB. Flop is J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Gary bets, someone calls, I call, limper folds I think.

Turn is like 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Gary bets, guy folds, I decide to checkraise. Gary tanks and 3 bets, I tank about whether I'm drawing dead and call. River is 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] of course and I check and he checks and completely owns me the whole way with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I am fairly embarrassed to win that one.

A bit later someone limps, guy raises, I 3 bet A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Gary is on button and contemplates and coldcalls 3 and I remark he is just on tilt from before and trying to give me a bad beat, he genuinely agrees. Blinds call and its 6 to the flop for 3 sb each. Flop is T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet, Gary raises, 3 people coldcall (lol) I call.

Turn is 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] checked to Gary who bets, one fold, two people call, I make a pretty debateable call.

River is 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and its checked to Gary who thinks a bit and checks. I get ready to muck when BB just open mucks, and the UTG is not wanting to turn his hand over, so I show mine and Gary looks like I kicked his dog, he has AQ with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and gave up. Ship me the 18 BB pot with ace high.

-DeathDonkey
Old 09-08-2007, 09:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bryan is the #1 dealer abuser at Commerce. Almost all the dealers know him by name and hate dealing his table. He always complains about "bad beats" and everything but blames the dealer. If he wins a hand he says "whaah happeened Dealar? you fuc.k up? You gabe me a hande?!" It really makes me laugh but he says some pretty mean things sometimes. He generally plays a weak-tight game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, I've played with that guy and his abuse is really funny. My friend and I played one session with him where he was just going nuts! "f*cking dealer this f*cking dealer that" Two different dealers called the floor over, and ofcourse the floor did nothing. His best line was after some guy beat him by picking up a straight draw on the turn and then hitting it on the river. He tosses his cards at the dealer and says, "f*cking dealer, you gave him lunner lunner"
Old 09-08-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For those who don't know, some actor named Glenn Morshower is a regular at the Commerce 20.

He's a donk.

Anyway, he loves to table coach and chat his way through every game, but always ends the night cursing at everyone, hating the good players, berating the fish, and trying out stale jokes on the bored dealers.

[/ QUOTE ]

sucks to hear that he's a douche, i really liked his character on 24
Old 09-08-2007, 05:29 PM

Dude, Aaron Pierce from 24 is the nuts. He protects the president of the US. Don't hate.
Old 09-09-2007, 07:45 AM

Eh surf its all about LOST.

LOST > 24
Old 09-09-2007, 02:28 PM

go to commerce play 150/300 lose, on the way back stop and oceans for breakfast and play 40. then of course 75 starts so its not like i can leave. dd shows up and plays "creatively" preflop but the best ive seen anyone play postflop in a long time. or at least it seemed like he was playing well postflop. start stuck and almusto, then get off to solid winner, then lose like 100 bets back and leave frustrated and stuck. good thing i won a lot last week to make up for this. the only conclusion i can draw is that i need to stop playing well. i played like [censored] in the 60 at commerce and won. played terrible in 75 and was winning, as soon as i decide i'm not going to play like a moron i get trainwrecked.

in closing here are the two hands i can remember from this 75 game

1. 4 or 5 handed i raise co w/ q9o, dd 3bet, blinds call 4 to flop. q95r flop roc donks i raise he 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 and he finally stops. turn a he donks i raise hoping that he didn't just 3 out me, river blank he c/c and he incredibly had me beat with 55. good thing he stopped because this hand happened about 6 hours ago and if he hadn't stopped raising the hand would still be in progress on bet 598.

hand 2: 6 handed maybe, moron opens somewhere, rock 3b, i call 2 in sb with q9s, dd calls 2 in bb. flop 334 two hearts roc and dd go like 5 bets, turn offsoot ace and dd c/r, river 6 hearts they go 7 bets dd has 5h2h for straight flush, roc has 66 for a worthless full house
Old 09-09-2007, 05:55 PM

I think this is a mildly interesting hand that isn't really post-worthy:

CAZ 20. Game's playing loose. UTG has been 'living' in cardrooms for 40 years. Sometimes he plays good, sometimes bad (esp. when drunk) but I wonder where he gets money from because I don't think he's a winner. He's been guzzling cognac as fast as the waitress can bring it to him. SB is a fairly decent, conservative player.

The hand:

UTG raises, bunch of ppl call, SB calls and I throw in the $20 in the BB w/ K-10o.

Flop:

A-10-10 w/ 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s. I have no [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]s.

SB bets, I raise, UTG 3-bets and only the SB calls. I figure each of them for a decent Ace.

Turn: x

I decide to try the c/r. Checked to UTG who bets, SB calls, I raise, UTG 3-bets, SB folds and I hate myself and call.

River: x.

I c/c. UTG has the same hand as me and we chop. Now I know why a friend of mine once said that he buys UTG his first drink to 'get him going'.

In other news:

I brought my visiting 22 yo nephew to the cardroom last night. He sometimes plays 1-2 limit in a b&m (he live outside of Portland) and sometimes 2-4. WTF is that? 1-2 limit? Where do they have that? Anyway, CAZ only goes as low as 3-6 so my mom gave him $200 to sit in. I tell him that the deal is that if he wins he's got to give her back her $200 plus half of what he wins, if anything. He wins $95 in an hour and a half. Mom won't take ANY money back from him (even the buy-in). I try to get at least half his win for arranging such a sweet deal but he won't pay. Should I hand him the tab for tonight's dinner and see what happens?
Old 09-09-2007, 06:38 PM

Eh cut the kid a break for christ sakes... he was just playing 1-2 Limit for a hour and a half.
Closed Thread