Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 09-06-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: which street

[ QUOTE ]
to mitch and others who like betting the river,
what are the chances that both of the other guys in this hand can't beat the 7-hi flush? What are the chances one of them will bet a worse hand? I think c/f is best play there.

I think pf is an easy 3bet and the flop is an easy non-3bet. The turn is sorta tricky though...

[/ QUOTE ]

My original thinking is not that we are ahead but that given the read we have on bb, he should be calling w/ alot of hands that might not include a club. Now we really need to know that bb is terrible, real terrible to make this bet, but I think we can put enough pressure on the button to make himthrow 99c or even the Jc.

I dont think the pf 3bet is as bad as others are making it out to be, but with super loose limper in I would just call.
Old 09-06-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: which street

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It seems like if button is often isolating the limper really light, we should let go of some of our more marginal hands to encourage him to continue doing it, then we can punish him later when we have a better hand and position on him (and we'll have position every time we're not SB).

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty sure this is wrong. Even if we assume this guy has overly wide isolating range AND will immediately return to more optimal pf strategy after a single 3-bet by us, you will still be very lucky to find a situation with more than 2/3 sb value than in this spot. Remember this is fullring live so you may see this situation come up only 5 times during this session anyhow.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed the fact that it was a 2/3 SB when I posted that - I agree that it's too much value to give up.

As to the other point, OP did say "the 2p2 was opening a lot of pots with that limper in", and since OP is to his immediate left we will have to opportunity to 3-bet him next in a lot. I agree, though, that a single 3-bet isn't going to change things that much, so it's probably only a consideration in the most marginal of situations.