Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2007, 09:59 PM

Default set vs passive utg at cp 30

utg is tight passive and raises, 4 calls, hero 99 on button cold call... 6 to flop... Jc9s3h... checks to lag in middle who bets, hero pumps it and all take 2 cold... 6 to turn for 2 bets... turn Qh... checks to hero who bets, original raiser says 'what do you have, two pair?' and proceeds to raise... one player takes two and the rest fold... hero? anyone play it differently if we have QJ rather than 99 because its less likely its set over set?
Old 08-12-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: set vs passive utg at cp 30

I would be more scared of his check-coldcall of the flop (after raising pre) than I would be of his turn chatter. Live weak-tight limit players love to check-call/check-raise monsters, so I'd give serious consideration to JJ here. I don't even see him checking QQ on the flop. But I would call here and get to showdown as cheap as possible, but consider folding if the straight that the middle guy is chasing gets there. 3-betting the turn is a spew, and if you fill up on the river, you can throw a raise in but you're never good if he 3-bets.

Anyway, the ol' "what do you have, xxx?" line always translates to "I have the nuts, so here's a hand I'm pretending to be afraid of so you call me down."
Old 08-13-2007, 01:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be more scared of his check-coldcall of the flop (after raising pre) than I would be of his turn chatter. Live weak-tight limit players love to check-call/check-raise monsters, so I'd give serious consideration to JJ here. I don't even see him checking QQ on the flop. But I would call here and get to showdown as cheap as possible, but consider folding if the straight that the middle guy is chasing gets there. 3-betting the turn is a spew, and if you fill up on the river, you can throw a raise in but you're never good if he 3-bets.

Anyway, the ol' "what do you have, xxx?" line always translates to "I have the nuts, so here's a hand I'm pretending to be afraid of so you call me down."

[/ QUOTE ]

but the nuts is KT, and that guy never has that there. something's [censored] up with this flop action. how did everyone call 2 cold?
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM

my thoughts were a bit confused since he couldnt have the stones - so i gave it another push and was flat called in both spots... river Td, and he gives the ol 'we'll try betting it one time' - middle player folds and i'm left to call with 22:1 and throw my chips as close to him as possible so he has no problem collecting them... loose call or standard payoff? how good to the odds have to be for a call here? fold 10:1 yes, 20:1 maybe?
Old 08-13-2007, 02:15 PM

Gross board. I think AA is the only hand he could possibly have by the river that you beat. Even then I still call at 22:1. It was nice of you to help out by getting the chips close to their new owner.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:57 PM

I think you get shown KQ here a lot of the time. River looks like a fold, and I would throw in some mockery of his stupid comments to let him know how much tilt you are on, and how you didn't have anything strong.
Old 08-13-2007, 04:03 PM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

You really have to be there to interpret the "what do you have two pair?" comment. However, is he usually quiet during a hand? Sometimes I'd interpret that as precisely AA thinking "I hope he doesn't have two pair but [censored] it i'm raising here." Other times it's exactly QQQ. You can't even get all combinatoric about it because it's either one or the other.

Anyway, raise/fold.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:50 AM

villain: kq good, 'i knew you had nothing' in response to my ninja muck
Old 08-14-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
villain: kq good, 'i knew you had nothing' in response to my ninja muck

[/ QUOTE ]

So you folded? Getting 22:1 putting him on exactly JJ? B/c QQ makes zero sense as does KT. Thats a ballzy fold right there and one I couldn't make. I was thinkin its between 3betting and calling down. Folding never entered my mind