Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 02:41 AM

Default Re: I really want people to read by post in the knife vs bat thread

no i don't think i can take him with one stab, only that he only has one shot to connect full force with a bat.

belated link:
k v b
Old 08-12-2007, 03:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
no i don't think i can take him with one stab, only that he only has one shot to connect full force with a bat.

so you think once he misses you'll be able to continue stabbing him until he's dead/incapacitated; that's effectively the same as taking him down in one stab.

also, i'm curious as to how the knife wielder expects to evade the bat. if the swing is directed at the midsection, it would take exceptional speed/body control to dodge.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:05 AM

I don't think i could dodge it, just that the guy with a bat wouldn't be able to hit me hard enough to prevent me from closing. I'm sure he could hurt me badly but i also think it is very very unlikely he could hit me anywhere near full force.

It would suck, but essentially past the first hit the bat is useless and the knife is deadly.

edit: i'm saying that the knife weilder has all day to close, the bat guy can't run up and attack him, and that with the mechanics of swinging a bat it would be fairly easy to avoid a full force blow, but very difficult to avoid the blow completely.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:07 AM

I feel like you are underestimating the amount of damage that can be done if he puts the bat in your bottom just right.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:10 AM

I don't disagree, I just sincerly doubt he can hit me "just right" I really think the baseball/golf analogy i make is accurate. The backswing neccessary to make a forceful blow work puts the bat guy at a huge disadvantage. Like I said imagine swinging a bat or a golf club without cocking back first. Just go forward right from the start. It's hard as hell.

The fact that you have to [censored] backwards makes you incredibly vulnerable to being put off-balance/ unprepared, thus unable to deliver a full blow.

edit: for instance you're staying comfortably 1-2 ft out of his range making feints in. If the guy pulls back before he swings how much ground do you have to cover? you don't have to get to him, just close enough that you're not at the first 12 inches of the bat, you could still be three feet from his chest, but he won't hit you full.

The guy has to guess when you're actually going to come in, and his guess will often be quite imperfect, if you make it a foot further than the end of his bat the physics of it greatly reduces the potential impact.
Old 08-12-2007, 12:32 PM

if you have the bat, you definitely have to be the aggressor, because of what was stated above...if you give the knife enough time, he'll wait you out, time you up, and it'll be difficult to hit him flush enough to give yourself enough time for the second, and presumably, death blow..
Old 08-12-2007, 12:41 PM

In before Snowball138

Also, here is the "bas rutten street defense" Youtube link that is obligatory for these retarded fight-threads.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The backswing neccessary to make a forceful blow work puts the bat guy at a huge disadvantage

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess someone should tell the vikings this...

One beserker with an axe could hold off at least a dozen infantry.

Yes I realize this is a little different but the principle is the same. I dont need to swing like i'm f**king Babe Ruth. Once I start the bat, I use it like a viking wielding an axe keeping the motion going
Old 08-12-2007, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]

belated link:
k v b

[/ QUOTE ]
tl; wouldn't read even if it wasn't
Old 08-12-2007, 01:32 PM

the [censored] does anyone here know about using a bat or knife...
Closed Thread