Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2007, 03:34 PM

Default Re: best site for SSSH poker videos

so no free videos?
Old 08-05-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think its too fair to rip on GVASA for his comment.
I agree that the few videos ive seen on deuces cracked are VERY boring. Doesn't mean they are not useful. If you have a very short attention span I wouldnt recommend what ive seen. I respect the players there 100% so I apoligize for bad mouthing it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

the pace of them actually makes them very good to watch while 1-2 tabling or at work in the background while doing other stuff. You can easily follow the game play and the instruction that the guys are giving, but it doesn't get to cluttered with 4 table busy action. So there are pros to the slower more deliberate style.

just thought I would throw my $.02 out there.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so no free videos?

[/ QUOTE ]

go to absolute poker, open up some 5-10 and 10-20 6max games, look for the yellow carebear, watch and enjoy for free.
Old 08-05-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think its too fair to rip on GVASA for his comment.
I agree that the few videos ive seen on deuces cracked are VERY boring. Doesn't mean they are not useful. If you have a very short attention span I wouldnt recommend what ive seen. I respect the players there 100% so I apoligize for bad mouthing it though.

[/ QUOTE ]

To the extent that DC videos can be described as "boring", it's mostly just due to the fact that watching other people play poker, with no stake in the outcome, is boring in itself. DC vids or no more or less boring than Stox or CR (and in fact some of the CR vids are, I think, not very good. Most are quite good, however.)
Old 08-05-2007, 11:34 PM

playing 1 or 2 table si smuch better then 4, stox also went down from 4 to 2
Old 08-06-2007, 12:22 AM

Perhaps I judged too quickly.. I only saw a couple videos during the trial period and am basing my entire opinion of their site on that...

The first couple videos were a fair bit lower quality than stox's IMO.. But im sure with experience they have improved.
All excellent posters on their site so I dont see why not.

Dont think Ill sign up until I ahve a 400BB downswing or so :P (130BB today!!)
Old 08-06-2007, 04:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Deuces. Entity's "Road to Robusto" series is probably what you are looking for.

[/ QUOTE ]

strong coffe is recommended... yawn...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm coming around to the general SSSH consensus that you're just a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, you have no humor. I just wanted to prepare OP that watching 1 hour of one-tabling with entity can be pretty tireing. You can hear enitity yawn as well some times [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]. I think DC is a must for all aming SSSH-players. Do you have to interpret everything I say in the worst possible way every time!?

BTW. Don't miss the coaching video with my good friend Mvoss!

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all of the criticisms are fair. We do our best to provide great content, but we're a new operation and we're learning, and we're definitely not going to do everything perfectly. I'm certainly guilty of yawning in a video or two, though it's not because I'm bored. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I often get up at 5AM with my wife and spend the morning writing at her coffeeshop (free espresso is the nuts), but by the time I come in on those days and decide to record a video, I do have a tendency to yawn a bit.

That said, the approach I take to teaching poker isn't the most exciting to most people. I like to talk about handranges a lot, and bring in bits of math whenever I can, and as simple as the math is it's still not going to be the most exciting for a lot of people. That said, it's profitable, and it's necessary information, in my mind. I've got a few videos that may be a little more entertaining in the works, but they're still thought experiments for now. The most important thing to me with these videos is that I teach people, and that I teach them effectively and well, but part of that is going to be making sure that when people watch the videos they aren't completely tuning out, for any reason (be it audio quality, me sounding sleepy, or the content not being high-quality enough). Basically this is my way of saying that I get that you're joking, but there's still a glimmer of truth/dissatisfaction behind the comments, and while I'm not going to change everything I do to stop sarcastic quips, I'll keep what you said in the back of my mind anyway.

As far as the content being spiced up, I'm thinking about doing a video or two (or who knows, maybe a series?) where I play more or less like a nutjob, but rather than comment on my own play, I mostly comment on how other "good" players are or aren't adjusting to me, and what mistakes I see in their play. At the very least it'll be fun for people to watch me 3betting with 76o all day, right? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rob