Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2007, 04:32 AM

Default Re: Full tilt 30-60 cross post

Well, since he's so aggro on the flop with any piece its like 90% he's got a draw, insta 3 bet turn and gleefully call the cap. If the back door flush comes in on river, still call since he could have been semibluffing the straight draw with like J9. God I hand read good.
Old 07-31-2007, 09:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Dealt to ship it pls [Jh As]
Seat 1 folds, Seat 2 calls $30, Seat 3 raises to $60, Seat 4 folds, ship it pls raises to $90

[/ QUOTE ]

I think three-betting might not be best here.
Old 07-31-2007, 01:45 PM

pbob, i'm not posting them with the intention of conflicting with your schedule, and i am not trying to justify a play i made, i am in search of objective opinions
- i thought it was very likely he had a draw, and since i have the nut spade i'm ahead of all his semibluff hands... i called and the river was Q, rather than c/c i c/r and won w/o showdown... the play may have been more player dependant than i initially thought, but i certainly dont think the turn was out of line by any means - would be open to hear some hands that would make sense assuming the player read and board context... also, a very wide opening range for villain with the given limper ahead
Old 07-31-2007, 01:47 PM

why checkraise the river? do you really think he's folding a better hand?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:31 PM

absolutely not, definitely thought that was a mistake
Old 07-31-2007, 03:23 PM

There you go, you found the time you can call.....in poker there are always times you can call and be right in a spot like this. Way more times than not he just called you on flop and raised you on turn with AQ, kq, qj, qt, q9, 9t, 89, 8t, 55, 66, 77, 88, 99, tt, jj, qq, kk, aa, or ak and was gonna chk behind some and bet others. Yes he may have A9 or K9s or whatever but calling 2 streets here cant be a winning play. Look at all the hands you are in terrible shape against.....gl.
Old 07-31-2007, 06:54 PM

Well, the real problem here is that sup bro hasn't replied to this thread. If he had, I suspect it might have gone like this:

[ QUOTE ]
Player 3 notes: caps lightly preflop, agg on flop with any piece at all, draw or made

[/ QUOTE ]

The PROBLEM is that here he didn't RAISE on the FLOP; he just CALLED. Then on the TURN he RAISED which would indicate that he has a STRONGER hand. So UNLESS you have a SPECIFIC read that opp airballs or semibluffs a lot of TURNS as opposed to FLOPS, you need to lay this hand down NOW given the action. The BOARD'S very COODINATED and you're very possibly DRAWING DEAD here calling off TWO more bets.
Old 08-01-2007, 05:10 PM

i realize i am just a lurker, but im somewhat confident that i echo the thoughts of active posters in this forum when i ask, why the hell do you write so many words in CAPS LOCK?