Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2007, 07:34 AM

Default Re: Update on Townsend/Farha/Baldwin Game Monday?

[ QUOTE ]
If Brian, Sammy and the other players had made a deal to sell the TV/DVD rights to these games, how much money could they likely have made? No need for the game to take place in the Bellagio, either, so the players could maximise their earn. Could anyone here make an informed estimate how much it would have been worth for the players?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough, I suspect.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:04 AM

75s,

I think you've answered your own question and just didn't realize it.

If Brian has a 'stacked' financial plan for the rest of his life, then he is already not working and having fun. For him, that is playing poker against the best people in the world, and challenging himself in the process.

Traveling? For someone who loves poker, he traveled to Vegas to pursue his fun. If he is financially set for the rest of his life, he is already living it up, which for him, seems to be playing the biggest games in the world, and as ElD said, see if he stake a claim to being the best.

His idea of leisure/pursuit of fun/a challenge is simply different than yours.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 AM

I certainly never said Sammy was a great overall player, although he is very good in PLO. My point is that everyone is probably better bankrolled than Brian, with the possible exception of David, (you can never know where he is). But the fact that most of the game runs to 50mil or is absolute degen gambolers with good loan touchs has to put alot of extra stress of Brian that isn't on the other players. I certainly respect the guts, but when this bravado can't go back in a box, and you can't move back to what you did before you become another poker player that swings wildly from profit to loss like David. I certainly believe in his talent, and hope he comes out with a win.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:43 AM

sammy is +EV in plo against almost anyone...aba included. seems counterintuitive, but he is.