Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 09:04 PM

Default max profit? razz

I figured betting on 5th would kill the hand, was my line the most profitable given the action?

Razz ($0.50/$1), Ante $0.10, Bring-In $0.15 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.60 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 2: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 4: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 8: xx xx J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (4.90 SB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___calls

5th Street - (5.45 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

6th Street - (5.45 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets

River - (8.45 BB)

Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls

Total pot: (14.45 BB - $14.45)
Old 05-28-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: max profit? razz

were you first to act on 5th street ( I cant tell by this converter.) If you were first to act I like the check followed by a raise, but if you are last to act bet every street and raise 6th, your action will never be killed in razz, fold equity is low
Old 05-28-2007, 10:24 PM

This is $.50/1.00 limit poker. Don't worry too hard about killing your action.

Third and fourth are good. Definitely bet fifth. Checking is what should kill your action. When someone raises fourth street and catches an Ace, it sure looks like a strong hand, and your check should make people suspicious. If you bet out, they'll probably hope that you're paired and call along. Maybe 643 has made something and will raise when you've got him drawing very slim. Maybe T63 has a strong draw and will call while you guys cap. You don't know if you don't bet. Raise sixth. Raise the river.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:52 PM

I acted 2nd on 5th...and I did raise the river, first guy led out, I raised, second guy cold called and original better called. FWIW, they both had very strong hands (not sure if I should post results yet). I guess I wasn't certain if I should let them play catch-up or not. This is really one of the first times I've ever slowplayed a hand in razz, but I guess I should play it straight forward from now on. TY for the input.
Old 05-29-2007, 03:14 PM

I dont think i'd ever do anything other than auto-bet/auto-raise here (but not with the actual auto-raise buttons, of course, because thats a tell of your strength). folding isnt the first thing on their minds, when they've got what they think are pretty good cards on board and its a lower stakes game. take these clowns to valuetown!
Old 05-29-2007, 07:33 PM

What Andy said.

When you catch that ace on 5th and check, you might as well type "Hi! I have a wheel!" into the chatbox. I am stunned you got paid off two ways all the way to 7th. Or not stunned, considering the limit and the fact that people play razz SO badly.

In the future and with the kinds of opponents you're facing at that level, just bet until your cold, dead hand can't click the mouse. Someone with a rough eight is bound to pay you off.