Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 05-21-2007, 06:25 AM

Default Re: .50/1 NLCASH, RIVER???

[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you enlighten me then. You give no actual single point whatsoever. Explaing why A6o is good in a raised pot out of position. Then explain what exactly you disagree with from what i said and let me know why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ax isn't the nuts but it's pretty far ahead villains raising hands. Pretty simple. Im not saying folding is bad but calling is NOT spew.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why don't you enlighten me then. You give no actual single point whatsoever. Explaing why A6o is good in a raised pot out of position. Then explain what exactly you disagree with from what i said and let me know why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ax isn't the nuts but it's pretty far ahead villains raising hands. Pretty simple. Im not saying folding is bad but calling is NOT spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol - do you guys play on UltimateBet?
If so, can u pm me ur usernames please?
Old 05-21-2007, 10:50 AM

Um, I thought you didnt play much headsup? How can you be so sure it is spew. Against a super nitty opponent who never raises my blind, I can <sometimes> fold. Against anyone else, this seems like an autocall. (disclosure: I have been giving HU 100NL a shot for the past month, and I raise 40-70% of the time from the SB. I wouldn't mind people folding A6o and calling J4)
Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, I thought you didnt play much headsup? How can you be so sure it is spew.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I've played enogh poker to understand position and reverse implied odds. I'm shocked that people here don't understand either fundamental principle.

[ QUOTE ]
Ax isn't the nuts but it's pretty far ahead villains raising hands. Pretty simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

Saying we currently may have the best hand pf is a reason to call a raise oop is so ridiculous that it'd be hilarious if it wasn't so sad that the apparent quality of 2p2 HU posters is at the same level as 10nl game.

[ QUOTE ]
I raise 40-70% of the time from the SB. I wouldn't mind people folding A6o and calling J4

[/ QUOTE ]

And it's good to see you understood my point regarding J4o.

Screen name plz?
Old 05-21-2007, 03:02 PM

Calling or folding PF is fine, based on reads, style of play and the way the match is going. There are lots of ways to play HU and neither calling nor folding is wrong per se.

River is an easy fold IMO. What do you think he thinks you have after calling PF and flop and leading the river? Seems like a really bad place for him to bluff. I think the turn hit him in the face. JJ maybe?

I think I like a check on the river. I don't think he's paying you off without the ace since you played it just like you have one, and he will often view the river as a bluffing spot (if you check, not if you bet.) If he does happen to have KK/QQ, then he'll probably value bet the river anyway.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:00 PM

Thanks for the feedback everyone. JackAll, I get the impression that you don't play a lot of HU, is that true? His raising range pf was wide enough that I felt comfortable calling with A6. Fwiw, I folded the river.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 PM

What about the line that on the river...given the turn action, the Villian thinks that Hero is Bluff/Betting the 2nd ace. given the action the bet on the river by the hero might be percieved as a bluff and if the Villian has something like KJ-AJ QQ-KK, that would be an easy push (and now a tough call)
Old 05-22-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What about the line that on the river...given the turn action, the Villian thinks that Hero is Bluff/Betting the 2nd ace. given the action the bet on the river by the hero might be percieved as a bluff and if the Villian has something like KJ-AJ QQ-KK, that would be an easy push (and now a tough call)

[/ QUOTE ]

How is KJ/QQ/KK an easy push for villain if he thinks hero may have the ace/may be bluffing the ace. Seems like an obvious call. If he pushes, he has either air or the ace. I don't see him pushing with those other hands.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How is KJ/QQ/KK an easy push for villain if he thinks hero may have the ace/may be bluffing the ace. Seems like an obvious call. If he pushes, he has either air or the ace. I don't see him pushing with those other hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misread my reply...I meant to imply that villian thinks that Hero is bluffing as if he had the ace...given the turn action, hero did not appear to have an ace. And then with the river bet to me it screams, I am betting the ace because I don't think you have an ace. So with that, I think villian made an aggressive read and pushed with a marginal hand in hopes of picking off a bluff, but in acuality put hero in a tough spot.