Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Old 05-10-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Preflop spot with QQ, reraised/covered/oop

meh... here is what scares me, he reraised you so little.
Which to me says, he doesn't really want a lot of people in the hand but he wants YOU in the hand. From experience i have this is a small reraise, you go to 1700, you put in an 1100 dollar raise he raised 1900 on top. Ironically this scares me more than if he were to raise you to 4500 or 5000.

It seems to me that this is a raise that wants you in. Example, people tend to raise smaller amounts when they want a call from my experience.

I am not saying that you should fold. I prefer a line of reraising him to maybe 6000-7000 total. If he shoves here a fold isn't terrible.

The problem with the push is this, you say villian seems to be pretty tight, so if you push what does he call you with that you have beat?

Probably not 1010 or JJ, QQ which is a split. AK maybe, but you're flipping a coin.

When he calls you are probably against AA,KK, or AK, so you either pick up his 3600 + blinds and antes if he folds or are crushed/are flipping a coin.

I think when he calls you are in trouble.

My line, reraise to maybe 6-7000 total, fold to his push and you still have ~14000
Old 05-10-2007, 06:48 PM

THe problem i have with flat call is that when the flop is low, now what?? when it contains the A or K, easy to get away from.

What is the line when you flat call with the same flop in the original hand?
Old 05-10-2007, 06:58 PM

I think alot of the time this hand is AK, AQ, or AJ. He thinks you are on a steal and believes his hand is strong enough to take the pot down preflop. I could also see opponnent doing this with 88+, and KQ. I would re-raise this to something like 7200, by commiting about half your stack I believe you will have alot of fold equity, and even if you are called, I believe you are ahead of his range and you still have a good hand. If he calls I would push any non A or K flop.
Old 05-10-2007, 08:22 PM

thanks guys