Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2006, 03:06 PM

Default Clueless

Really confused on each street here. I'd like to know what you would do.

Flop raiser is 60/11/.8, and the guy caught in the middle (river bettor) is unknown.

FWIW, when the turn came, I planned on folding to a bet. This looks pretty wrong (especially given Villain's later actions), but I wasn't sure what he'd be betting that I'm ahead of.

Given the turn, seems like an easy river bet to me. Not sure why I didn't.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) pokerhand.org hand converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (8 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks.

River: (8 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, CO folds, Hero calls.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:09 PM

Default Re: Clueless

I would 3-bet and bet/fold that turn card. Villian's stats look passivish but 0.8 and with that VPIP its still aggro enough to raise this flop without a king.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:11 PM

This looks OK. Bet-folding the river is another option.

BTW, I don't think you should ever be thinking of folding on the turn for 1 bet.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:12 PM

I'd 3-bet the flop and make UTG face 2. I think most players would wait for the turn to pop it with a K. This looks more like a 9 than a K to me, and the CO is a bit on the aggressive side. If CO caps it you've got enough implied odds to call for a set and can fold the turn UI. If UTG wakes up you know you're dead, same applies. But I expect to be ahead here often enough.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:15 PM

I usually just bet/fold the turn. If he raises 4th street I'm giving him credit for a flush or K. I'm not crazy about a flop 3bet because sometimes he does have trips and you're usually WA of UTG so I'm not too concerned with him and sometimes it's tough to fold when CO caps the flop.
I think YHING because UTG has the K and he missed his turn C/R.