Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Lucid dreams

I'm interested in them. I've managed to have a couple of them a while back where I was flying through air, realize that I'm actually dreaming but I always wake up as soon as this realization hits.

Anyone manage to get yourselves to consciously dream lucidly? How was the experience, and what triggers/stimuli did you use? I would try to go to sleep with headphones on and programmed a sound to start when I entered REM sleep, but I don't think that ever actually worked.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:45 AM

Default Re: Lucid dreams

drink some coffee right before you go te bed. not too much.

i just have it sometimes, i don't really try to do it.
Old 02-03-2007, 10:46 AM

Zyban

OR

Nicotine Patches.
Old 02-03-2007, 11:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm interested in them. I've managed to have a couple of them a while back where I was flying through air, realize that I'm actually dreaming but I always wake up as soon as this realization hits.

Anyone manage to get yourselves to consciously dream lucidly? How was the experience, and what triggers/stimuli did you use? I would try to go to sleep with headphones on and programmed a sound to start when I entered REM sleep, but I don't think that ever actually worked.

[/ QUOTE ]

i have had lots of them.

kept telling myself to have sex w/ the first girl i see but something usually goes wrong...save for that one time...

i can think of anything that spurred them though.

if you've ever used a sleep aid called 'seroquel' you've had the most vivid and intense dreams ever.
Old 02-03-2007, 01:48 PM

http://www.amazon.com/Astral-Dynamics-Ou...TF8&s=books
Old 02-03-2007, 03:11 PM

I have lots of afternoon naps and usually have lucid dreams in them. At one point I got really good at controlling them and could change the scene. I remember one where I wanted to go on a jumping castle and it appeared. Then I wanted my friends to be there with me so they were. It was probably the best. But ended because I wanted to go swimming and I freaked out when I realised I was breathing underwater and woke up.

The other really memorable one was that I was looking at my hand and it looked like neo looking at the matrix. So I realised if I kept moving forward my whole body would enter the matrix. But I freaked out again because I wasn't sure I was ready to enter the matrix yet...

Lucid dreams are awesome.

Another method to try is set your alarm for 5-6 in the morning with a snooze button. Then just snooze 8minutes at a time for the next 4hrs or whenever you want to wake up. You'll have dream after dream. It's probably not the most healthy sleep but.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:54 PM

I have only really lucidly dreamt once. I was in a house I had dreamt of before. I was playing hide and seek, and as I went into a room tried to find a good place to hide. Initially I headed for under the bed, but then actually chose to hide in the closet. It was a short, but totally incredible moment.

The secret is as imitation suggested, interrupting your REM cycle. You're bound to be involved in your dreams more often and can get more practice controlling them.

I saw something on the news the other day isn't necessarily for this use, but might be manipulated to do so...The Sleeptracker It lets you know when your REM cycles are and wakes you up at the appropriate time.
Old 02-03-2007, 03:58 PM

melatonin's always helped me have more vivid dreams
Old 02-03-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i have had lots of them.

kept telling myself to have sex w/ the first girl i see but something usually goes wrong...save for that one time...

i can think of anything that spurred them though.

if you've ever used a sleep aid called 'seroquel' you've had the most vivid and intense dreams ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

seroquel is an antipychotic. I would stay the [censored] away from it unless you really need it. Also exploring your mind>>>>>>dream sex.

OP: When you think youre dreaming flip light switches, look at your hands and mirrors. Your mind has trouble making these things work right. Although I still have trouble staying asleep when I figure it out.

Also if you just want really vivid dreams just stay up for days at a time. Dreams are kind of like constipation; it all comes out in the end.
Old 02-03-2007, 05:32 PM

take 3-5mg of Melatonin
take 150-200mg of vitamin B-6
take 1-3g of valerian root

experience lucid dreaming like never before