Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2007, 09:00 AM
 is offline

Default Re: 200NL - AKs oop vs tag

[ QUOTE ]

I think we can put villain on a hand here that will either fold to any form of further aggression or a hand that crushes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was 100% true then you are right that it would be either a b/f or c/c down and c/r would obviously be an incorrect play. If it hypothetically was true, then I am sure that c/c down would defenitely be the greater play because a b/f would too often make you fold to a bluff or a split and miss a lot of value from the bluffs he will make if you c/c compared to the times when you save some money when behind. You are just not behind often enough for b/f to be the better play imo.

But I really don't think it is that black and white here.

Someone else suggested a small bet and a $50-70 bet has to at least be an alternative imo. It would look really weak and sometimes induce a bluffraise. It could also sometimes trap him, making him call both streets with 2nd pair. Most of the time it would fail, but the times you stack him are worth a lot. Against a more LAG player I think thats the superior line.

Against this villain however I think check/call turn and probably shoving river is best, and if he checks through the turn I vote for a bigger bet than just a half pot. Make it closer to 2/3.

I just think that he will put in more money more often if you take an unorthodox line that doesn't represent a King as strongly as c/push would.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:24 AM

check turn intending to CRAI or value bet river if checkced back. Im paying off to a set here, because theres not a good chance imma be able to put him on one given that its low flop in a RR pot.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I think we can put villain on a hand here that will either fold to any form of further aggression or a hand that crushes me.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this was 100% true then you are right that it would be either a b/f or c/c down and c/r would obviously be an incorrect play. If it hypothetically was true, then I am sure that c/c down would defenitely be the greater play because a b/f would too often make you fold to a bluff or a split and miss a lot of value from the bluffs he will make if you c/c compared to the times when you save some money when behind. You are just not behind often enough for b/f to be the better play imo.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree bet/folding is silly, not because I'll ever get bluffed but mostly because I'll win nothing when ahead. Let's keep him in the pot when he's drawing slim. Also, by assuming that the part you're qouting is 100% correct I won't ever fold a split.

I agree it isn't as black and white as the qoute suggest, I'm just wondering if it's close enough to justify not putting in any more aggression.

[ QUOTE ]
Someone else suggested a small bet and a $50-70 bet has to at least be an alternative imo. It would look really weak and sometimes induce a bluffraise. It could also sometimes trap him, making him call both streets with 2nd pair. Most of the time it would fail, but the times you stack him are worth a lot. Against a more LAG player I think thats the superior line.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think betting small is best against any kind of player (perhaps if you got the "likes to bluff small bets"-read). The small bet isn't good because my opponent will think I'm pot committed here getting almost 6:1. Even against the brainless kind of lag I like checking better because imo checks will induce these kind of players to bluff more often than $60 bets.

[ QUOTE ]
Against this villain however I think check/call turn and probably shoving river is best, and if he checks through the turn I vote for a bigger bet than just a half pot. Make it closer to 2/3.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yea, I don't mind betting 2/3. When I posted this hand I was thinking that between 1/2 and 2/3 he might fold ~JJ-88. I'm still not sure about this bet.

In hindsight I like your c/c, push line. I think it looks more suspect than a turn push and will get paid off more often (he'll get great odds too). Easily enough more to justify him drawing out with a PP he would have folded on the turn now and then. I don't think this villain will bluff the river enough to check/call rather than push.