Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2006, 04:18 PM

Default AAxx ds RR hand at PLO100

6-max at UB. There's very little re-raising preflop, and it's always me. I reraised once earlier with AAQQds, got 4 callers, check-called a button pot on the KJx flop, and c/r pushed the turn blank that gave me a flush draw, and button had QJT9.

I've also re-raised a couple of times with rundown hands and once with KKxx ds and won all the pots with a CB. I have about $130

CO villain opens for pot, I re-pot on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], BB calls, CO calls. BB is a very bad shortstacker who is very loose preflop and then plays fit-or-fold on the flop, I haven't seen CO show down a lot but he has about $400 in front of him, almost all of which he won before I sat down. Seems semi-loose.

Flop is K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], BB checks, CO pots, and I repot all-in.

Good or spew? I just don't know how to handle a spot like this because it seems like if villain is bluffing, I'm letting him off the hook, but on the other hand he might well be drawing to :diamonds: so I should protect my hand in the already big pot. He could be leading a 4 as well, of course.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:44 PM

Default Re: AAxx ds RR hand at PLO100

stack sizes are imperative for a real answer. Your read on him being fit or fold makes this a difficult problem, no doubt. Also BB might be trapping you since you are so aggro.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
stack sizes are imperative for a real answer. Your read on him being fit or fold makes this a difficult problem, no doubt. Also BB might be trapping you since you are so aggro.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB plays fit-or-fold, and is the short stack (about $30 left). The CO covers me.

It makes no sense for BB to trap since if he just pushes it's barely a PSB.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:29 PM

ok, so short stack is fit or fold. CO covers. At 6 max felting this is the standard play. Not a great flop, and with his PF raise KK is possible, as well as a lot of hands that you can't be better than a coinflip against.

Still, RR>Fold>call. Hands like these are specifically why I don't play 6 max if I can help it.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
as well as a lot of hands that you can't be better than a coinflip against.

[/ QUOTE ]

How so? If he doesn't have a 4 his best possible hand is a flush-draw, which I am about a 2:1 favorite over. He can't make two-pair and there are no straight draws. I can't think of any hands that I am flipping with...
Old 12-13-2006, 08:51 PM

Regarding reads:

If someone if very tight and has a low preflop raise percentage (but higher than AA alone), you can 100% count on them raising with KK.

But if they are at 25-30% raising preflop, then you can't necessarily give credit to KK.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:48 AM

You're right, except KK is a possibility. I assumed Kxxx with the flush draw was near even money, and I can't see him playing this way without kkxx, 4xxx, or kxxx with the flush draw. Turns out you are 59% on this:
pokenum -o ah as 5h 8s - ks qd th 9d -- kd 4d 4h
Omaha Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing Kd 4d 4h
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
As 8s Ah 5h 482 58.78 338 41.22 0 0.00 0.588
Ks Qd 9d Th 338 41.22 482 58.78 0 0.00 0.412

High variance, slightly +EV push in my opinion.
Old 12-14-2006, 08:25 PM

Any pair with diamonds is close to a flip.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:35 PM

I would be less inclined to think he had KK or a 4 here simply because he led out rather than went for a checkraise. It depends on the player though.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I would be less inclined to think he had KK or a 4 here simply because he led out rather than went for a checkraise. It depends on the player though.

[/ QUOTE ]

KK would probably slowplay, but a 4 here would probably lead out to protect against a flush draw.