Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 04:44 PM

Default I thought only FT had a doom switch

...but someone at Tulalip TOTALLY flipped it on me.

These are from one 1-hour session. I'm SHOCKED that I only lost $220 bucks on this day, which tells you how good the game is.

$200 max-buyin $3/$5 NL game.

1) Hero has $300 in the BB wih Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 players call, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero bets $20, MP calls, MP2 raises to $75, LP pushes $450, SB folds, Hero calls, MP calls, MP2 calls.

Turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], river J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], and the main goes to MP2's JTo , Hero only loses $150 or so thanks to the sidepot with LP's 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and the tool with the spade draw got nothing.

2) UTG raises to $20, 2 callers, Hero calls on the button with $350 and 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], BB calls.
Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG bets $30, MP calls, MP2 folds, Hero bets $230, BB thinks long and hard and folds, UTG folds, MP says "All in", Hero already said "Call" before he shuts the [censored] up and shows A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. You know what the turn card is.

3) Hero has $350 again and Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 limpers, Hero bets $35 OTB, CO calls with $200.
Flop K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain donks $25, Hero calls because this is a draw or weak K and doesn't want to raise.
Turn Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Villain donks $25 again (lol-turn-cards-face-up-donkaments), Hero pots, Villain thinks very long and calls with only $30 left (didn't see that when I bet, lol).
River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villain checks, Hero thinks "WTF he won't check a flush with his last [censored] $30, will he? How stupid would that be?" and falls right into Villain's devious trap and bets the last $30, before Villain shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]X[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

4) Hero has $200.
UTG bets $35, Hero OTB makes it $100, folds to UTG who pushes A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] with an "I have the nuts" attitude, Hero calls.

...you didn't think I'd win a coin-flip here, did you?
Old 10-20-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Re: I thought only FT had a doom switch

[ QUOTE ]
You know what the turn card is.

[/ QUOTE ]

A four? What do I win?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
You know what the turn card is.

[/ QUOTE ]

A four? What do I win?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-20-2006, 06:15 PM

What are you talking about? PokerStars invented the doomswitch.