Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 06:51 PM

Default Re: OT: How often do regs spew?

I won't lie and say I never spew, but after 1 or 2 "wtf where you thinking?!?" plays, I can recognize that I'm not playing my A-game and take a break.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My style is super duper nitty and very low variance

[/ QUOTE ]

Up to now I assumed you ware breaking even at best playing 20/11 - obviously not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]. Solid graph, solid 55k break-even stretch.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:55 PM

I like this thread. Seems everyone has a definition of spew. Mine is as follows.

Say the best player ever at $100 BI NL 6 handed can make between 20-30 PTBB/100 hands. He's able to do this long term because he is incredibly focused, knows all the plays and picks the best one on all situations, he never plays weak, never tilts and never spews. This person does not exist in reality, but maybe he does in potential.

Now, let's say my potential top end earn is 10 PTBB/100 based on my knowledge of the game. If my winrate is 5 PTBB/100, then I'm losing the other 5 PTBB/100 because of things that I can immediately control... weak play, spew, tilt. With these numbers, I'd say weak play accounts for about 1PTBB/100, tilt 2PTBB/100 and spew 2PTBB/100.

Now, if I want my potential winrate to go higher than 10PTBB/100, I need to learn new plays, find ways to optimize my strats against specific types of opponents, basically increase my knowledge base. Let's say I study for a week and come back with new knowledge and a potential top end earn of 12PTBB/100.

If I still carry the same amount of weak play, tilt and spew that I did before (which I would if I haven't worked on this area of my game at all), then I'm only going to see an actual increase to 6PTBB/100 instead of a bump to 7PTBB/100. Even though my knowledge gain was 2PTBB/100, my actual results were cut in half because I suck at discipline.

Seems to me I'd do better in the long run if I focused on eliminating tilt/weakness/spew from my game before watching more videos and posting more hands, etc.

If only I was a purely logical being. Dang emotions!

soda
Old 11-19-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like this thread. Seems everyone has a definition of spew. Mine is as follows.

Say the best player ever at $100 BI NL 6 handed can make between 20-30 PTBB/100 hands. He's able to do this long term because he is incredibly focused, knows all the plays and picks the best one on all situations, he never plays weak, never tilts and never spews. This person does not exist in reality, but maybe he does in potential.

Now, let's say my potential top end earn is 10 PTBB/100 based on my knowledge of the game. If my winrate is 5 PTBB/100, then I'm losing the other 5 PTBB/100 because of things that I can immediately control... weak play, spew, tilt. With these numbers, I'd say weak play accounts for about 1PTBB/100, tilt 2PTBB/100 and spew 2PTBB/100.

Now, if I want my potential winrate to go higher than 10PTBB/100, I need to learn new plays, find ways to optimize my strats against specific types of opponents, basically increase my knowledge base. Let's say I study for a week and come back with new knowledge and a potential top end earn of 12PTBB/100.

If I still carry the same amount of weak play, tilt and spew that I did before (which I would if I haven't worked on this area of my game at all), then I'm only going to see an actual increase to 6PTBB/100 instead of a bump to 7PTBB/100. Even though my knowledge gain was 2PTBB/100, my actual results were cut in half because I suck at discipline.

Seems to me I'd do better in the long run if I focused on eliminating tilt/weakness/spew from my game before watching more videos and posting more hands, etc.

soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz to be esplaining ur maths? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Get rich or spew tryin.
Old 11-19-2007, 08:32 PM

I assume the average NL100/NL200 player loses way more money by being weak-tight than by being spewy.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I assume the average NL100/NL200 player loses way more money by being weak-tight than by being spewy.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT
Old 11-19-2007, 11:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

soda

[/ QUOTE ]

Plz to be esplaining ur maths? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No math here, just personal feeling/guesswork more theoretical than fact.

soda
Old 11-20-2007, 12:54 AM

Regs spew a lot. But it's the regs that multi table and sit down with five other regs that do it. They try to outplay each other, which is fine, but at SSNL it should be about the money. I'm at fault for this as well for not leaving a bad table.. but yeh, I spew but I do not think a lot.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I jizz buyins across the table like Peter North on a semi-regular basis. 95% of other regs do as well. Pretty big reason most people are at 100 and 200nl is not putting in thought and exercising discipline on each and every hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

qqqqqfffffffttttttt