Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 02:48 PM

Default PokerTracker runs slow/not responding

Is there some adjustment I can make in my settings so PT isn't always retreiving so much data? I have no problems when I look at daily numbers, but when I want to see my numbers for the week/month/all PT often freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+del and shut it down. Most times, I'm not looking to retrieve hands, just stats in the general info tab. Any suggestions?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker runs slow/not responding

[ QUOTE ]
Is there some adjustment I can make in my settings so PT isn't always retreiving so much data? I have no problems when I look at daily numbers, but when I want to see my numbers for the week/month/all PT often freezes and I have to ctrl+alt+del and shut it down. Most times, I'm not looking to retrieve hands, just stats in the general info tab. Any suggestions?

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you using an Access DB and how big is your DB?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2007, 04:17 PM

i had this problem still doesnt work fantastic but changing the database to the postgre did help a lot

http://www.pokertracker.com/forum/vi...09323ddc95197a

This worked for me however it still takes a bit to load up this months stats but thats like 100k hands
Old 10-30-2007, 05:52 PM

Without looking, I'd guess my total database is 500k-750k hands, monthly lately is probably 50-100k each month.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Without looking, I'd guess my total database is 500k-750k hands, monthly lately is probably 50-100k each month.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you converted to PGSQL though? I used to have problems with excruciatingly slow retrieval for the main panel's display with a big Access DB and this seems much better for using PGSQL, but now I have another PGSQL-related problem where I can't get the filters to work properly and PT just seems to lock up indefinitely when I try filter all my 20k+ SNGs based when there was only 2 people sat at the table (or any other attempted filtering - no idea how to fix it though).

Old 10-30-2007, 10:12 PM

I'm not really familiar with what PGSQL is. Can someone give me more info, or point me in the right direction? Thanks!
Old 10-31-2007, 04:50 AM

um did you follow my link to poker trackers forum go there and

READ
Old 11-01-2007, 08:16 AM

Juk...

I don't play tournaments, so I am unfamiliar with the tournament section of PT. But, hopefully you can find out the SQL for the exact query PT uses to retrieve the data. Then if you understand the PT database schema you should be able to determine if there are appropriate indices to make the query execute efficiently. If the appropriate indices are missing, you can create them using pgAdmin. You would need to create or re-create these custom indices if you create a new database, or restore a DB that didn't have these indices added before the backup was created.

This post only touches on what knowledge/experience is required to optimize an SQL query.. and I probably can't expand on it too much due to having been out of the field for many years now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I hope I have at least pointed you in a direction that will prove fruitful.

And.... thank you for all the great software/advice/help you've provided me and other members of this forum in the past.

G'luck all,
LVGamb00ler
Old 11-01-2007, 11:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Juk...

I don't play tournaments, so I am unfamiliar with the tournament section of PT. But, hopefully you can find out the SQL for the exact query PT uses to retrieve the data. Then if you understand the PT database schema you should be able to determine if there are appropriate indices to make the query execute efficiently. If the appropriate indices are missing, you can create them using pgAdmin. You would need to create or re-create these custom indices if you create a new database, or restore a DB that didn't have these indices added before the backup was created.

This post only touches on what knowledge/experience is required to optimize an SQL query.. and I probably can't expand on it too much due to having been out of the field for many years now [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I hope I have at least pointed you in a direction that will prove fruitful.

And.... thank you for all the great software/advice/help you've provided me and other members of this forum in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, I did manage to copy the PT query and edit it so that it only found the chips that I'd won when playing HU and it ran fine (and quick) from the PG-Admin tool. That was really the only stat I was really interested in running over all my SNGs as it gives me an idea of how I'm doing when playing HU.