Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker

Old 11-27-2007, 01:28 PM

Default Best Sites for HU for my goals?

I am currently playing 30's - 100's mix of turbo and non-turbo on stars. I make around 5K FPP's a month and average about 1800 - 2200$ profit per month, with a winrate of ` 57%. I am curious if any of you have experience with other sites playing heads up. For example, If I play Full tilt I would get a $600 cash bonus and rakeback, If I play on Ultimate bet I heard there is a rematch button which intrigues me if you get the right donkey on tilt it seems you could make a mint.

Do any of you think it would be positive EV for me to switch to a different site for heads up?

Thank you in advance for any responses.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Best Sites for HU for my goals?

fpps are kinda rakeback, although at gold star it is like 15% or something. if you are playing HUSNG, i suggest stars because they have the most running all the time, FT doesnt have as much traffic above 200's so it could become difficult to move up
Old 11-27-2007, 02:21 PM

I didn't play much HU on UltimateBet, but the few times I did try to play, the traffic was really light even at lower limits, and the way UB takes keyboard focus away when it's your turn to act makes it a pain in the butt to multi-table if you ever type in bet numbers (which you probably should be doing most of the time).

FT's structure is faster, which is either a good thing or a bad thing, depending on your point of view. I really dislike FT's turbos, but FT's regular structure is very similar to PS's turbo structure for the first 15 minutes. I haven't played on PS, but from what I gather, the playerbase is much fishier at FT, but traffic is definitely low at the higher limits.
Old 11-27-2007, 02:56 PM

FTP's structure is probably the worst for your winrate but best for the quantity of games you can play. It is the best IMO.

Edit: I never really got into Stars SNGs so I'm biased against it. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2007, 04:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't play much HU on UltimateBet, but the few times I did try to play, the traffic was really light even at lower limits, and the way UB takes keyboard focus away when it's your turn to act makes it a pain in the butt to multi-table if you ever type in bet numbers (which you probably should be doing most of the time).

[/ QUOTE ]

You can change this easily by right-clicking on the table and clicking settings. There are quite a few different options that people don't even know about, remember to "save settings as default" so you don't have to do this every single time you open UB.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:16 PM

To be honest, I'd stay at stars for now. Your winrate is going to take a minor dip and at 54-55% on FTP you might not be able to handle the variance if you're used to 57-58%.

If you can get a solid winrate of over 60% at the 33s and dip down to 57-58% at the 110s then I'd say go ahead and see how FTP treats you. Otherwise, stay on PS for now.