Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 07:53 PM

Default GOOD DRAWS, and Weaks made hand, $200PLO8 on Stars

i've had another interesting hand of late, this time in a 9 handed table on stars.

Just sat in and have no real reads on opponents as i havnt seen either of them play here before, so my natural assumption is that there the typical nitty, passive players...is that the general assumption u have of unknown at these stakes... so anyway the hand...

utg+1 raises to $6... two calls, im in the cutoff with th-5h 2d 3d, so i call, both blinds come along, so 6 to the flop making $36 in the pot, my stack is $526 (sucked out big time in one hand earlier :-) , but we wont take about that...the two villians, SB has $146 and utg+1 has $280ish..

so yes... flop comes 5c Ah Kh with, givine me the nut low draw and third flush draw---not the worst of holdings i believe... so yes, original raiser bets pot, $36 two limpers both fold, second one pressing the time key (if thats a tell at all, makes me think he had just a marginal flush draw and was considering his options, although that read might be a bit of a stretch..) so yes... i call and SB comes along for the ride.... now theres $144 in the pot...

turn comes the most interesting card of all, a black TEN...giving me two pair (as shiittty as it may be), decent flush draw and my nut low draw... and ofcourse to make things interesting SB shoves his remaining $104 in the pot, and original raiser insta calls.....

WHATS MY LINE HERE???? SHOVE for the original raisers remaining $140, or there about... just call and see the river, or lay this down, since i cant imagine my two pair being any good, and i also doubt my flush draw is any good, and im drawing only to the low which could very easily be drawing for only a split, or is the combination of all these draws just good enough for me to make this crying call/shove...

Your advice as always much appreciated...
Old 10-24-2007, 08:07 PM

Default Re: GOOD DRAWS, and Weaks made hand, $200PLO8 on Stars

Don't call preflop. The reason all your decisions are so "interesting" flows from that one decision. I really can't stress it enough. As to postflop...well who knows? You could be anything from an equity favourite to drawing dead. PLO8b at this level, and probably at most levels until the highest, is about trapping bad players in situations where they are either getting quartered, being freerolled on or are putting in their stack to get half. At the moment that seems to describe you.

gl

bdd
Old 10-24-2007, 08:15 PM

BDD, do you really fold a double suited 2-3-5 hand, in late position, closing the action on all streets????
Old 10-24-2007, 08:22 PM

I insta-shove. I can't see how you don't have the equity here to call, and the fact the original raiser did not raise leads me to believe you probably have an equity advantage on him for the side-pot.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BDD, do you really fold a double suited 2-3-5 hand, in late position, closing the action on all streets????

[/ QUOTE ]

well...

[ QUOTE ]
utg+1 raises to $6... two calls, im in the cutoff with th-5h 2d 3d, so i call, both blinds come along

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he is closing the action here.

gl

bdd
Old 10-24-2007, 09:01 PM

As it happens, having got here, I would probably shove too. But I wouldnt like it. And its a fairly redundant question.

gl

bdd
Old 10-25-2007, 07:08 PM

so u guys agree that theres no folding it here on the turn?? and i must call and pray??