Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2007, 07:35 PM

Default ^^^Tue NCAAF--Memphis -2.5 v Marshall O/U 60.5^^^

thoughts/analysis in here

Memphis recovering from murder of d-linemen and blowing a 31-6 lead last week at home v the Thundering Herd

I miss BobJoeJim's daily analysis... he was a winner
Old 10-01-2007, 07:41 PM

Default Re: ^^^Tue NCAAF--Memphis -2.5 v Marshall O/U 60.5^^^

Ha, I forgot about that guy. Where did he disappear to. Come back buddy.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:48 PM

LOL, that's awesome that you posted this thread. I just got to work, and on the way here I was thinking "I should start doing Only Game Of The Day posts again". It's why I'm looking at this forum right now. I don't have a pick on this game yet, but I do plan to post an analysis of it sometime tonight, assuming work is as slow as I expect it to be. One thing I have no idea how to factor in, though, is the emotional impact of the murder... I'll analyze the game from a football perspective, but I have no idea what the murder changes.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:51 PM

wish I could help

my database came up with an insufficient sample size on teams playing the day after a teammate gets murdered

BTW--Welcome back
Old 10-01-2007, 07:57 PM

Thought number 1: wow these teams both look bad. Just for the record, 1-AA New Hampshire beat 0-4 Marshall by 13... but is 1-2 against other 1-AA teams. Yikes. At least Memphis beat their 1-AA opponent, though is 0-3 against 1-A teams. Plus, although Memphis lost at home to Arkansas State last week, at least they were capable of building a 31-6 lead like MyTurn said... even if they did proceed to blow it. My very early gut lean is that Memphis is the marginally better (or at least less bad) team, and is giving less than a field goal at home. Probably the better side?

This is purely a preliminary lean though, I'll see if I still feel that way after in-depth analysis.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:59 PM

Remember, Memphis also only had 4 days off.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:02 PM

Miami has played poorly on those days, historically. I haven't checked the stats on games after someone gets shot and survived.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
wish I could help

my database came up with an insufficient sample size on teams playing the day after a teammate gets murdered

BTW--Welcome back

[/ QUOTE ]
lol

As for why I haven't been around, it's because I'm not actually betting sports right now. I ran into financial difficulties and had to cash out my whole gambling bankroll for rent monies. When college football season started up I wanted to make a small (like $100 or so) deposit somewhere just to see if I could have a second winning season in a row, but I couldn't find a site that accepted Americans and allowed deposits that small with no fees on either deposit or withdrawl. A free $100 deposit isn't +EV if it's gonna cost me $30 to cash out, lol. I'm still not betting, but I'm back on the board for now, so I'll be happy to help you degenerates out with some "Only Game Of The Day" lockz [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2007, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thought number 1: wow these teams both look bad. Just for the record, 1-AA New Hampshire beat 0-4 Marshall by 13... but is 1-2 against other 1-AA teams. Yikes. At least Memphis beat their 1-AA opponent, though is 0-3 against 1-A teams. Plus, although Memphis lost at home to Arkansas State last week, at least they were capable of building a 31-6 lead like MyTurn said... even if they did proceed to blow it. My very early gut lean is that Memphis is the marginally better (or at least less bad) team, and is giving less than a field goal at home. Probably the better side?

This is purely a preliminary lean though, I'll see if I still feel that way after in-depth analysis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Memphis lost at Ark St on Thursday. This is their 3rd game in 10 days.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:26 PM

I hadn't heard about this. Geez Memphis is freaking dangerous these days. So glad I'm not there anymore.