Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2007, 07:59 AM

Default Beat: had sleep paralysis this night

First time i had this and it sucked,

I was sleeping and dreaming normally (a bit of a nightmare but nothing too special) and all and i suddenly woke up (still dreaming) without being able to move and i was [censored] frightened. I always sleep like this

And i was lying on my back so i had the sheets over my head and could see a bit of the ceiling through it and i was hallucination stuff from my still ongoing dream.

My actual dream was this:

I was driving around at night with some friend and the weather gets heavy. We get lost and a little later the car stops and won't start anymore.

We figure it's the best if we try to walk to a farm or anything and maybe get some help. For some reason we have to wade a bit through a little river to get further. After that everybody is soaked but we manage to get to an empty building and hide from the weater.

Then we need something we left in the car and i decide to get it. I walk back to the car and get it but on the way back to the building when i go through the river again i have the feeling something is watching me and i freak out and try to run as fast as i can through the water to get out. At that moment the weather really gets out of hand and the river goes wild and i almost drown trying to get out.

When i'm almost out i make a big leap but (here is where it stops making sense) i feel the wind blowing and i actually don't land anymore. The wind takes me higher and higher and i can see the treetops from above and i'm already convinced i am going to die.

The wind gets a bit lower and i fall down (the moment i land is where i wake up). I lay on the ground, not able to move at all and a guy walks up to me, i don't really remember what he said or did but this [censored] was so scary.
When i was back to normal i tried lying in the same position again with the sheets over my head and i did regognise where i saw the guy and the trees i was looking up at.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Beat: had sleep paralysis this night

Why do you sleep with the sheets over your head? Doesn't it get hot?

My friend says he gets sleep paralysis and he hyperventilates cuz he gets freaked out.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:06 AM

I don't really know why i sleep like this, i always do it and now it's kind of automatical.

I doesn't really get hot because i use only the sheets and not the puffy filling. This is also why i can see a bit through it.

This is probably the scariest exp. i have ever had. Thinking back i also remember trying to scream and not being able to make a sound.
Old 06-09-2007, 08:22 AM

I haven't had this, but I really hate waking up for a nightmare and being freaked out for like 10 minutes about how much it sucked before realizing that it didn't happen.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
First time i had this and it sucked,

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to suffer from this fairly regularly -- couple of times a year, perhaps. My symptoms were fairly similar -- extremely lucid dreams, alternating with a sense of being awake, in jeopardy, and unable to do anything to avert my impending doom. I'd struggle to escape, think I'd made some headway, and then find myself back in the place that I'd started, paralyzed and unable to move or get help.

The cure: take less drugs.

(Seriously. It was generally brought on by overtiredness resulting from sleeplessness due to heavy drug use.)
Old 06-09-2007, 09:25 AM

Yeah i had the same twice now, after taking some drugs in the weekend and not sleeping. It`s pretty freaky.

So did you do any drugs?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:32 AM

I didn't do any drugs. And i rarely do any at all.

I did some drinking though but not very much.

I was very tired though, i went to bed at about 3 o clock and was sleeping by my gf, she got up at 8 and i went home and at about 9 i went to my own bed to get some more spatchka. thats when it happened. I got out again at 12.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:59 PM
 is offline

has happened to me about 5 or 6 times in my live. [censored] creepy
Old 06-09-2007, 02:37 PM

cocaine is a hell of a drug
Old 06-09-2007, 02:45 PM

I'm not quite sure i understand this. So you are awake, but still think you are dreaming and you cant move or say anything? Just asking because ive never experienced this and it sounds freaky.