Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Slip up or something more....

[ QUOTE ]

When will all this nonsense stop? You guys give people who legitimately call fouls bad company. Stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying just give up addressing possible government corrupt practices because it makes some people look bad? That's a rather silly argument, I personally think that searching for the truth behind 911 is extremely important and it's sad that more people don't actively look at all the events of that day.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

When will all this nonsense stop? You guys give people who legitimately call fouls bad company. Stop it.

[/ QUOTE ]
So you're saying just give up addressing possible government corrupt practices because it makes some people look bad? That's a rather silly argument, I personally think that searching for the truth behind 911 is extremely important and it's sad that more people don't actively look at all the events of that day.

[/ QUOTE ]

YA THATS EXZACTLY WHAT I WAS SAYING!!

I'm saying that your disagreements should make sense. Otherwise it's the boy crying wolf, and you end up undermining your intentions.

If you want to search for "911 truth", find some actual evidence. Quite frankly I already know the government is corrupt, and 18 second out of context clips of former government officials misspeaking can only possibly alienate people to the other side.
Old 11-06-2007, 05:46 PM

While I am a 100% certain I disagree with Alawpoker on HOW the government is corrupt, I still agree with his point completely.

There is so much real corruption flying by unnoticed because stuff like this steals the spotlight and puts all those who pose legitimate questions in a bad light.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that your disagreements should make sense. Otherwise it's the boy crying wolf, and you end up undermining your intentions.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright, agreed. They should make sense, the OP seems kinda pointless but there are many 911 conspiracy ideas that are very reasonable.

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to search for "911 truth", find some actual evidence. Quite frankly I already know the government is corrupt, and 18 second out of context clips of former government officials misspeaking can only possibly alienate people to the other side.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, but the post I responded to you seemed to give a blanket statement about all 911 truth seekers, or just the illegitimate ones. By your sarcastic response I guess I misinterpreted.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a possibility...

Plane crashes into trade center
Plane crashes into trade center
Plane crashes into pentagon
another plane is hijacked.
US military analyzes situation, decides to shoot down plane rather than allow it to crash into populated area

[/ QUOTE ]

So the widows of Flight 93 are lying about the convos they had with thier husbands about "taking back" the plane?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not necessarily. Not that I believe any of the conspiracy theories about 9/11, but it is entirely possibleble that the conversations actually took place, and the military shot down the plane while the passengers were trying to take it back, or after they failed to take it back. IMO, it is somewhat more plausible that the government covered up a justifiable shooting down of the plane than that they were responsible for the whole thing. OTOH, I really don't think there was any reason to lie about it if they did shoot down the plane. Better to lose just the passengers than the passengers + however many people on the ground would have died if the hijackers had been allowed to complete their mission. I wouldn't want to be the person that made the decision to shoot it down or the pilot that did the shooting, though.
Old 11-06-2007, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Not necessarily. Not that I believe any of the conspiracy theories about 9/11, but it is entirely possibleble that the conversations actually took place, and the military shot down the plane while the passengers were trying to take it back, or after they failed to take it back. IMO, it is somewhat more plausible that the government covered up a justifiable shooting down of the plane than that they were responsible for the whole thing. OTOH, I really don't think there was any reason to lie about it if they did shoot down the plane. Better to lose just the passengers than the passengers + however many people on the ground would have died if the hijackers had been allowed to complete their mission. I wouldn't want to be the person that made the decision to shoot it down or the pilot that did the shooting, though.

[/ QUOTE ]

the best explanation I can think of is that the high ups (secdef, wh, ) said no shoot, the commanding general overruled them and shot it down, and it's covered up because of polital reasons. (how to explain politically that you said not to shoot, how to explain you got a general who didn't follow orders, etc.)
Old 11-06-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree, but the post I responded to you seemed to give a blanket statement about all 911 truth seekers, or just the illegitimate ones. By your sarcastic response I guess I misinterpreted.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest, the subject doesn't interest me much in the least. If the government had a hand in it (which I'd say is on the table but not likely) I think it's highly unlikely that there's ever any chance we're finding out. So to me it's just like, eh whatever, I'll go with what they say and realize there's always a chance it isn't true, and try to expose government BS in more viable ways.

So maybe there are good arguments out there, but the ones I see are generally pretty dumb, and that's all I was referring to.

I just don't think there'd be so many bad arguments if there were actually several good ones, but that's basically beside the point. Theoretically, sure I agree with you, if people have a good case against 911 as we know it let it be known.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OTOH, I really don't think there was any reason to lie about it if they did shoot down the plane.

[/ QUOTE ]

The same reason they felt compelled to lie about Jessica Lynch. These stories need heroes. Who stirs up more pride, a fighter pilot coolly following orders, or a rag-tag group of ordinary Am'rican citizens banding together in their last moments to heroically save thousands of lives from the fiery devastation of an international terror plot?