Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Been having trouble, Some hands and stats. (Long)

Basically my last 4600 hands or so have been really brutal- worse than I have ever run while still feeling like I'm playing well. While I think it is good that I still have confidence in my abilities, I don't want to be blind to the mistakes that I must be making.

Stats first: All on FTP

My thoughts:

I have won over a large period playing as loose as 36/32/4.5, so I don't think 27/22/3.3 should have any problems being a big winner. Basically I tightened up when I moved from Stars to FT because I saw that most tables were playing looser and more aggressive, and I only deposited the $600 max for the bonus so I'm probably a tiny bit underrolled for nl25. I guess I could bring the PFR up a little bit, specifically over limpers and from the CO and button. My Att. To Steal Blinds looks a little low for my tastes; maybe I could try to bring that up to 46% ish.

For how aggressive I have been preflop and on the flop, my Won $ WSF% looks too low. I have always been above 40%. My flop aggression is still high however, so maybe I need to work on making smarter Cbets rather than simply more Cbets.

My turn and river aggression are pretty meh. I've been trying to fire on turn more and check behind on river rather than checking behind on turn, because on FTP it seems like people like to pot rivers after the turn goes check-check more than they do on Stars.

My Won$ At SD% is sickeningly low. Probably a good indication that I'm running bad. Maybe I'm also making some bad calls, but as I said before, it seems on FTP that people like to pick off bluffs more than they do on Stars, which makes calling rivers better and bluffing rivers worse.

As for my position stats, maybe I'm opening a bit loose UTG? I have a feeling that 17% probably encompasses some hands like ATo, KJs which I should be dumping. If there is anything wrong with these position stats, all I can see is that maybe I could be a little tighter from early and looser from late, but I'm guessing that's the case with almost everybody [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img].

Ok some hands. These all came from Friday's session where I dropped 8 BI.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $33.85
Hero (BB): $56.95
UTG: $34.00
MP: $9.75
CO: $12.05
BTN: $27.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $1.00</font>, MP folds, CO calls $1.00, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.10) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $2.25</font>, UTG folds, <font color="red">CO raises to $4.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $16.60</font>, CO calls all-in for $6.55
Uncalled bet of $5.55 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $25.20

UTG was a 15/8/6 who cbets 55% of the time and folds to cbets 45%, CO was 45/3/2.5. In retrospect, reraise was probably the best line preflop but I think that at the time I had UTG as something like 10/4 through over 100 hands, so call here seemed like the best play at the time. This is the only time in the last 4600 hands I have just called with AKs preflop.

I elected to lead flop, hoping for a b/3bai line. Given UTGs Cbets stats I think this is a good option because it looks like he won't bet a whiffed AK or AQ. Once he folds and the CO minraises, clearly I'm shoving always as I'm miles ahead of his range and probably have tons of FE as well.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 5 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $38.45
BB: $10.20
UTG: $26.65
CO: $26.40
Hero (BTN): $25.70

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (5 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls $1.00, UTG folds

Flop: ($2.85) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets all-in for $8.95</font>

Pot Size: $11.80

Pretty standard button raise for me to isolate a bad UTG player (46/22/2.6). BB is 64/11/2.6, so really not worried in the least. His open shove on the flop is so bizarre, and given how loose his stats are his range is massive, and I think I have to be ahead of it. I called, he had JT.

Same orbit and villain as previous hand.
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $22.25
BB: $19.30
Hero (UTG): $26.10
MP: $38.85
CO: $28.55
BTN: $7.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">CO raises all-in to $28.55</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls all-in for $25.10

Pot Size: $55.00

Clear call given what I know about him, right?

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $16.70
BB: $79.35
UTG: $12.75
Hero (BTN): $24.65

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (4 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($2.10) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.10</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $5.00</font>, Hero calls $2.90

Turn: ($12.10) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $6.00</font>, Hero folds

Pot Size: $18.10

Villain here is spectacularly bad once again- 46/16/2.5. I guess I probably should've 3 bet flop to 10, then crammed any turn, but I don't think calling flop is bad. I don't think calling turn is an option, and shove doesn't seem good since he's probably still calling with his KQ type hands so I guess once I play the flop that way I have to fold turn.

This hand still baffles me.
Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $36.15
Hero (BB): $30.20
UTG: $27.25
BTN: $24.35

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.85</font>, BTN folds, SB calls $0.75, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($2.55) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red">UTG bets $1.50</font>, SB calls $1.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, UTG folds, SB calls $4.50

Turn: ($16.05) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
SB checks, Hero checks

River: ($16.05) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">SB bets $4.75</font>, Hero calls $4.75

Pot Size: $25.55 ($25.55 Rake)

SB had 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ([5h 5d] three of a kind, Fives) and LOST (-$11.60)
Hero had Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] and LOST (-$11.60)

UTG is decently tight and HU I would never call preflop against him, but SB was horrid and UTG was pretty ABC so I figured this wasn't a bad spot to defend. UTG has very high cbet % and SB had pretty high fold to cbet so I elected to CR flop then shut down if UTG called since I think his range of calling a CR here is AT, JJ+. Once SB called the CR I knew I was not in a good spot and elected to check behind to try to exercise pot control, and because his river aggresison was 7 so this line would set up a good chance for him to bluff river which I could call. Since this was my plan I decided to follow through with it on the river, and I don't think there was any value at all in raising. I guess the only way I could've avoided this was to fold preflop because if I had lead flop then I certainly was leading turn and probably betting river for value, then getting stacked.

SB: $25.15
BB: $25.00
UTG: $60.50
MP: $8.85
Hero (CO): $42.30
BTN: $36.80

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, 3 folds, UTG calls $1.00

Flop: ($2.85) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.00</font>, UTG calls $2.00

Turn: ($6.85) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
UTG checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $4.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $10.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

River: ($26.85) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $26.00</font>, Hero folds
Uncalled bet of $26.00 returned to UTG

Pot Size: $26.85

Same villain as the A2s hand. I guess what it came down to was that I believed he either flopped/turned the underfull.

I guess those are all the hands that I want to post for now. If you have no constructive criticism then just tell me that I'm good so I have the confidence to grind through this downswing. My thought from these hands is that maybe I give up on my bigger hands too easily.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:40 PM

Default Re: Been having trouble, Some hands and stats. (Long)

from looking at the stats..

pre-flop

your att to steal is high. do not attempt to increase it! mine is typically 35-38 ish which is considered standard to high I think. your BTN and CO vpips look ok though. If there are two limpers in front of you and you hold 33/776s and you're on the button, are you raising? if a 21/16 MP raises, are you 3betting every time with stuff like 89s/77/KQs?

your UTG and MP stats are too high for my taste (and I run similar overall).

your blind stats look ok.

post flop

your w$wsf % is pretty bad as is your w$sd, but I am increasingly using these figures as indicators of a bad run of cards, so lets not get too hung up on them. but you should aim for around 40% for the first one and ~50% for the second.

your flop aggression is actually quite low, mine is about 6 normally.

looking at your positional stats it seems that you are not winning enough pots in position. my w$wsf %s in the non-blind seats are all &gt;50%.

york notes: it seems you are not aggressive enough post flop given your high preflop aggression. when people donk into you you often want to raise them up! tighten up somewhat preflop (especially out of position), and don't be afraid to call in position and get tough postflop.

hope that helps.
Old 07-14-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Been having trouble, Some hands and stats. (Long)

Interesting thoughts bozzer. Until the downswing hit this is how my July had been going. I've noticed that my stats did change a bit: