Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Rate her.
1 4 0.64%
2 2 0.32%
3 4 0.64%
4 12 1.92%
5 34 5.43%
6 139 22.20%
7 250 39.94%
8 144 23.00%
9 34 5.43%
10 3 0.48%
Voters: 626. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 08:25 PM

Default Re: November Low-Content Thread

I'm a winning low/mid-stakes NL player and I'm trying to improve my limit game. I'd be interested in exchanging AIMs with a regular here to discuss questions that probably have quick answers that aren't worth starting a whole thread for. For example, 4-limpers, BTN raises, I'm in SB with a KQo in a loose live 10/20 game and ...?

If anybody is interested, PM me. I'd be happy to offer my input on any hands (limit or NL) as well, of course.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:00 AM

honestly sometimes i wonder if im just insane or if like every person in santa barbara is out to piss me off.

first off 2 of my roommates this year are super religious and probably in a cult. ive never been to church and wouldnt really consider myself "religious" although there are a lot of religious things i somewhat believe in so whatever. i could care less about that, what drives me nuts is that they have these bible meetings or some [censored] like every night where our [censored] apartment is packed with weirdos.

second one of their friends is like constantly sleeping on our couch and i sorta feel like a dick when i go out there at like 1-5am to study for midterms or talk on the phone but when youre sleeping on someones couch for free you can go [censored] yourself if you dont like it imo.

third im pretty sure they are retarded bc the toilet was plugged when i got home last night so apparently the sane thing to do was drop a deuce in it? are you [censored] kidding me? retarded roommates last year did the same thing and i went out and had to buy a plunger bc they just didnt do anything. i forgot to bring said plunger this year, i am not buying another one so basically we have 1 bathroom now instead of 2 unless someone else is going to fix their own [censored] up.

4th i just wanted to walk into the kitchen to get a bottle of water and a granola bar and the path is blocked by a whole [censored] congregation and they are watching what is undoubtedly an incredibly boring movie about jesus

every time i think i cant find people that drive me up the wall worse than people in the poker world i am proven wrong. as much as i am not looking forward to being at home for thanksgiving in a few days i suppose it is better than santa barbara or even commerce at the moment since i have really no desire to play poker.

i hate to make what is basically a straight up blog post with nothing poker related but i am really agitated by these people right now and since they basically have me trapped in my room i had to come to the internet to complain about it.

i wonder how late chilis is open on sundays, i suddenly have a very strong desire to go there and get really drunk really quick. also i need to eat again at some point today as a subway sandwich like 10 hours ago isnt going to cut it. theres no way im eating another pizza because i poisoned myself with one last night and im too lazy to drive to outback and i dont eat drivethru fastfood unless someone pays me to do it.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:08 AM

dude, i think you have a very clear play here.

you need to play havah nagilah very loudly.

or possibly some islamic song...or the israeli national anthem (hatikvah).

and when i say loudly, i mean at full blast.

if that doesn't upset them at all...

cut the zeitgeist film from when they explain how christianity is just stolen from ancient sun god beliefs and replace their next "jesus" film with it.

if you need any more ideas, please let me know.

your jewish sympethizer,
Barron
Old 11-19-2007, 01:12 AM

praise allah i found a bag of beef jerky in one of my drawers
Old 11-19-2007, 01:23 AM

lmao move out and get your own place you make plenty playing poker. oh, and quit school.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:36 AM

im rich for sure, up like 5k cash in the past 800 hours. thats pretty good when the smallest you are playing is 60/120 basically right? and that cool 5k is after paying for books/gas/groceries/hotel in this time as well. im killing the games.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:40 AM

Why are you living with these nutjobs? You don't live on campus do you?
Old 11-19-2007, 01:42 AM

im living w/ them bc when you spend like 75% of your week in la or san diego playing poker it turns out you dont know many people where you go to school. no this is not on campus but they are university owned apartments.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:14 AM

Most Christians I know would ask firt about holding big get togethers all the time (Bible study, dance party, movie night, etc). If they are really taking over the place you should talk with them. Build a little rapport and maybe they will understand that having someone on the couch all the time is really annoying.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Good story, Shawn.

Briefly, I was playing 20-40 at the Mirage with a bunch of "pros". The guy in question has repeatedly called ace-high flops with no pair/no draw and calls down any pair, in general.

Anyway, this guy who is raising so often in LP on my immediate right I have no choice but to 3bet 22. Blinds call, 4 to the flop for 12SB. SB (the guy) donks. BB calls, fold, I give him a hateful glare and call (there is no doubt in my mind that SB has a king, I'm actually giving him credit for KQ). Turn is the lovely 2. Bet, call, I raise, call, call. The river is an ace. I'm concerned enough about JT, that I let the river check through, and MHIG. SB shows KJ and looks at me with this pained, disbelieving expression and says, "how could you call that flop!"

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf???
Closed Thread