Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2007, 07:49 PM

Default Re: i don\'t post hands that I played well

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm mostly posted this to ask about the PF limp and turn bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it isn't. The preflop is fine but not the turn. You realize we have 4 players seeing the turn including a player that called two cold on the flop? I am checking this turn every day of the week and twice on sunday. You have built your pot and now it is time to spike. You aren't winning this pot UI.

Call the river.
Old 11-17-2007, 07:56 PM

i'd bet the flop but given how you did play it i think betting the turn is really bad.

river is pretty close but i'd call in case he had 77.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe folding the river was a little stupid but I was so sure he had an Ace when he confidently raised the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you know he has an ace or better, you could be ahead or chopping on the river.
Old 11-17-2007, 08:22 PM

As soon as I bet the turn I knew that it was really bad. the best line is the lead/call the flop then check the turn. This ensures money goes in the pot when my equity edge is the largest and it doesn't give my hand away like c/r, check turn does.

Next time I'll call in case he has 77 or JJ. Hopefully he wasn't lying to his neighbor after the hand. I overheard that he couldn't win the jackpot because he had A no kicker. Plus, he'd show the bluff right?
Old 11-17-2007, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe folding the river was a little stupid but I was so sure he had an Ace when he confidently raised the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

even if you know he has an ace or better, you could be ahead or chopping on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Ahead of quads?

I don't think that folding this river is as bad as everyone says. I'm not sure that I'd be able to lay it down, but this is live poker and sometimes you just know the guy has quads (I'd expect 77 to usually check behind and whine about his fate, and to have given more action on the flop).
Old 11-17-2007, 09:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? Ahead of quads?

I don't think that folding this river is as bad as everyone says. I'm not sure that I'd be able to lay it down, but this is live poker and sometimes you just know the guy has quads (I'd expect 77 to usually check behind and whine about his fate, and to have given more action on the flop).

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, why are you talking about your legs when this a poker forum? quads? why your leg muscles? i happen to have mighty fine quads as well, but you dont see me talking about it on a poker forum. sheesh, people these days, always off topic
Old 11-17-2007, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As soon as I bet the turn I knew that it was really bad. the best line is the lead/3-bet the flop then check the turn. This ensures money goes in the pot when my equity edge is the largest and it doesn't give my hand away like c/r, check turn does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming you have a couple of callers in there with you, you should have enough equity to pump the crap out of this flop.

Not to pile on, but betting the turn was pretty bad - you mentioned that it's a scare card, but who exactly are you going to scare away? If no one has an A, then you likely have the best hand. You'd have to have the perfect overlay of no one having an A *and* someone else having specifically KJ or QJ to make this a good bluff.
Old 11-17-2007, 10:07 PM

I like the entire hand except for the river fold. The pot is quite big here and I'm going to pay him off if he has 4 aces(hell you could get lucky and the genius has 77)

PF and flop play seems pretty standard. The turn bet is closer with so many players still in the hand. I think the chances of having the best hand and a flush draw to back you up if you don't warrants a bet.
Old 11-19-2007, 09:01 AM

PF is just fine.

I bet the flop here most of the time.

Turn bet seems like one that will make everyone fold except the one guy who raises. I'd rather check / call.

For one bet with that sized pot, I am not good enough to fold this river.