Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2005, 05:50 AM

Default Re: AFTER THIS POST, I\'M FINISHED WITH 2+2.

I'm setting the over under for TSP's next post at 48 hours. Any takers [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 05:53 AM

Default Re: A DERB hand *DELETED*

Sorry bout that.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop:: DERB raisees in CO, button 3 bets, BB calls, DERB caps

Flop: (1.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(10 players)</font>
BB checks, DERB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">DERB raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, DERB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(10 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DERB raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DERB caps</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

River: (15.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(9 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DERB raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 19.25 BB

DERB shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Old 05-03-2005, 05:59 AM

Even if this post was made with or contains the cheating accusations, I don't see a reason to leave 2+2 over it. I think everyone should be glad this was posted. It incites discussion about a winnning loose-agro style of play, it teaches about the personality and mentality of people I am learning with, and maybe there is something fishy. The arrogant atmosphere doesn't deplete the information you can learn, it just switches it around a bit.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry bout that.

Flop: (1.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(10 players)</font>
BB checks, DERB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">DERB raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, DERB calls, Button calls.

Turn: (5.25 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(10 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DERB raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DERB caps</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

River: (15.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(9 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DERB raises</font>, BB calls.

DERB shows A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is so rediculous about this hand? When button 3bets preflop how many hands have a 7 in them besides 77? DERB probably puts button on another AK and thinks hes freerolling on the turn. apperently button must have had a 7 but he must be kind of a donk if he was 3betting with a seven and assuming DERB knows the guy is a donk and that explains why he so overplayed the flop/turn.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe that people on 2+2 would basically accuse another player of cheating, just because they don't subscribe to all 2+2 theories as Rigoletto points out, and the player happens to win some money playing poker. There have been no hands posted to question his play (to show either collusion or playing with a bot), and no evidence of any type to indicate anything dishonest.

I'm not going to post on 2+2 anymore. I'm sure I will have occasion to see 2+2ers online and playing poker, and will communicate that way. I will still host my PP 15-30 prvt table for those who want to play and shoot the bull.

I've just had enough of certain posters and a general arrogant atmosphere on 2+2 that I can live without. Perhaps I am part of the cause, and for that I am sorry.

I wish you all the best, and thank you for all the good times, poker insight, and laughs.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

dude, nobody is saying for sure he's cheating.

-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought J V said that loud and clear.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dude, nobody is saying for sure he's cheating.

the only reason i want to analyze the play is to see if we can actually learn from this guy. makes sense when somebody single handedly shatters your comfy little reality by playing 2x the # of hands you play and winning more/100 hands.

however, it also makes sense that since it (may turn out to be) so unlikely that there may be another explanation...it may be cheating...but thats not the same as somebody saying, "he's cheating, thats it."

im curious to learn how he does so damn well over so many hands.
-Barron

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not THAT many hands.

Would you be this surprised if you met someone who had won a decent-sized lotto jackpot or found out that one of your classmates had a rare disease?

It's much more likely that this guy is an extreme outlier than that he's reinvented the wheel.

scrub
Old 05-03-2005, 06:12 AM

Yeah, thats why I took the hand down, cause after i looked at it again, the turn cap wasn't bad by much and I wanted to find a better example, but people already read the hand so I figured I better put it back up.

I'll try and find some better ones.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sorry bout that.

[/ QUOTE ]

What exactly is so rediculous about this hand? When button 3bets preflop how many hands have a 7 in them besides 77? DERB probably puts button on another AK and thinks hes freerolling on the turn. apperently button must have had a 7 but he must be kind of a donk if he was 3betting with a seven and assuming DERB knows the guy is a donk and that explains why he so overplayed the flop/turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn raise is awful.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:19 AM

Default Re: DERB

I have played a lot of hands against this guy, and I think he sucks. But I bet he destroys people who don't realize how he plays. It is very possible that because he plays the same game all the time he knows the other players to a degree that pokertracker stats can't fully communicate. Consquently, he knows how to exploit his opponents. If the majority of the table doesn't adjust to him capping preflop with AJo and 44 I can see him winning big. I love having the guy at the table.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: DERB

[ QUOTE ]
if you would have asked me 1yr ago if a guy who plays 30% of his hands (or vol puts $ in pot) can win i'd say no...

[/ QUOTE ]

while 30% isn't optimal, i don't doubt somebody could be a winner with those stats. (its just a matter of how big of a winner you can be with those numbers)

i know its a completely different ballpark, but i was at 4.4bb/100 over 30k hands at party 3/6 with a 27.5 vpip. with such a big head start in terms of bb's won, i could easily add even more to my vpip over tens of thousands of hands before i go into the red and would still be a long-term "winner", but that doesn't mean its sound strategy or anything.

playing a suboptimally preflop + playing decently well postflop + running really hot can result in some really freaky looking numbers.

the long run is really really long. don't forget that before you jump into any conclusions to any great new strategy you may learn from him or conclude he's cheating.