Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 11:21 AM

Default Re: (39) AA line check plz

as stated, cant really find a fold...bet/calling as the last reraiser pf looks fine.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i for sure raise more preflop the 2nd time around. you have given the guys great odds to hit a set. the only have to call 220 into a 1245 pot, so the are alread almost 5:1. i guess i like something like 550-575.

i know this sounds awful, but i would lead flop for 300. if they both get involved i puke and give one of the credit for a king. if only one of them is involved i go to the felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odds to hit a set on the flop are >7:1 so nobody's getting correct odds. But, I did miscalculate this in game, as I wanted to raise enough to just be able to shove the flop if I wanted to, my math skillz r goot.

I did bet 300 and got called by the first guy, last guy folded. And I checked it to the river, yuck?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike, 500 pf is an absolute minimum re-raise on this hand, and 600 is much better. Especially with the additional caller.....when it came back around to you I would rather see you over-shove all-in then just re-raise to T400.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i for sure raise more preflop the 2nd time around. you have given the guys great odds to hit a set. the only have to call 220 into a 1245 pot, so the are alread almost 5:1. i guess i like something like 550-575.

i know this sounds awful, but i would lead flop for 300. if they both get involved i puke and give one of the credit for a king. if only one of them is involved i go to the felt.

[/ QUOTE ]

Odds to hit a set on the flop are >7:1 so nobody's getting correct odds. But, I did miscalculate this in game, as I wanted to raise enough to just be able to shove the flop if I wanted to, my math skillz r goot.

I did bet 300 and got called by the first guy, last guy folded. And I checked it to the river, yuck?

[/ QUOTE ]

here is the BIG problem with checking it to the river imo. if you are behind, villian either has a K or a set of 9's. there is no way he will ever check it down so he is gonna get all of you chips. there is just no way around it.

so if you are ahead, checking it down just lets villian off the hook. all sorts of stuff like QQ JJ TT will stack off, so you should just bet the turn so you can stack him the times you are ahead.
Old 09-27-2007, 07:53 PM

I like checking here FWIW. You are wa/wb and people might fold something like QQ or JJ here if you bet.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:20 PM

Please raise more PF