Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2007, 02:42 PM

Default Re: Sklansky bucks calculator (php script)

Yes, seems like a leak. Try to filter by position and see if you do better at the BTN

This information has always been avalible in poker tracker. You just need to learn how to use the filters correctly.

With Poker Patterns (and hopefully soon Poker Grapher) you can also graph it like you just did.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:56 PM

dude, i have already programmed something exactly like what you guys are taking about -- I call equity 'advantage'.. the script uses java and runs on a dual-quad-core machine at www.suitgamer.com -- no need to install php/mysql and all that jumbo mambo

with every submit it does 10,000 simulations... im bringin that up to 100,000 in the next few months by adding more machines
Old 05-21-2007, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, seems like a leak. Try to filter by position and see if you do better at the BTN

This information has always been avalible in poker tracker. You just need to learn how to use the filters correctly.

With Poker Patterns (and hopefully soon Poker Grapher) you can also graph it like you just did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks.

I was actually aware I could do this in Poker Tracker and had done the filters in the past. Unfortunately, it seems like a hard lesson for me to learn [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2007, 04:07 PM

Anyone:

$5 on stars if you come up with a way to calculate standard deviation or variance of the equity graphs.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:14 PM

imsa: unfortunately, it would have to be done inside the program, since you need to calculate the square differences. So you might as well ship the monies to Phil now.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what is the maximum number of hands ppl have successfully imported. I keep getting an out of memory exception when trying to do over 40k hands. I have 2 gigs of ram and it hovers around 85% usage when running this program.

An error occured. The error message was:
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown

Ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]
Is this the Java app that threw that exception or Phil's .NET app? If it's the Java app it's simply the virtual machine has eaten up all your memory without triggering the garbage collector and it can be fixed by using the command line switches to run the app. I haven't tried using this so I'm not sure if it's in a JAR file or not, but assume it runs from a file called "eval.jar" and your Java VM is installed at "C:\J2SDK1~1.2_0\bin\", you would make a batch file that had this line in in:

C:\J2SDK1~1.2_0\bin\java -Xms250m -Xmx250m -jar eval.jar

This would mean Java would allocate the 250MB right at the start and then trigger the garbage collector whenever it exhausts it's heap.

This used to be quite a common problem with Linux/Unix Java and I've had it bring down Linux/Unix machines by just consuming all the memory and swapfile without triggering the garbage collector. Also, fixing the amount of memory at the start tends to make Java apps run slightly smoother, so it's a good idea to do this whenever you run any Java app even if you aren't having this problem.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2007, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For now, stick with Party, Stars, UB, iPoker and Full Tilt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm working with Crypto (80k hands) and have found no problem so far, so please keep it among the working ones [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-21-2007, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
imsa: unfortunately, it would have to be done inside the program, since you need to calculate the square differences. So you might as well ship the monies to Phil now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think I could load up like 200 hands, manually square the differences, and get an approximation that way?
Old 05-21-2007, 05:59 PM

Well, the only deviation comes from hands that went to showdown, and that's the difference between the EV and what you actually won. So calculate the EV, subtract what you won/lost, and square it.

Sum all those squares, then divide it by N-1, where N is the total number of hands that went to showdown. Then take the square root of that.

It will really be the standard deviation of the showed down hands though.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:21 PM

Okay, I did all those steps (wote some Evs into an excel chart). I converted it to ptBB, and after I took the final square root, I got 4.68. This was for 47 showdown hands out of 800 total hands at 1/2.

What does the 4.68 represent? Im not sure its SD/100 in terms of ptbb. Any tips?