Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Villian 3 bets on turn, while I hit top pair, A kicker

Villian is the same as the previous
Vilian is 71/29.7/1.58,1.8,1.86 after 101hds

Ultimate Bet 0.02/0.04 Hold'em (7 handed) Ultimate Bet Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO 3-bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, HERO calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
HERO checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, HERO calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
HERO checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">HERO raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, CO folds, HERO calls.

River: (14.75 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
HERO checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, HERO ??

So it seems to me that this villian will only raise or 3 bets pretty good hands like 2pair, str or fh. I put him on a range of KT+, anything that is [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] suited, as he loves to play any suited. preflop. Call down on the river?

Or even looking earlier, should I have folded the turn?
Old 11-09-2007, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Villian 3 bets on turn, while I hit top pair, A kicker

grunch

It looks like 2 pair or a straight but it could also be KQs or QTs. The pot is 15:1 I would call and be unhappy about it.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:08 PM

I am not sure who the villain is, MP2 or CO.

PF is good against a possible steal. The cap by CO could be JJ+, AQ+ AJs+ or just air.

Flop could be seen as a CB so we call with OC &amp; BDSD getting 13.5 to 1 SB.

Turn we raise CO with TPTK but when MP2 3 bets we try to get to SB as cheaply as possible against possible Straight.

River is a call.

Old 11-09-2007, 02:16 PM

You probably should call for one, but I don’t much like how you played it.

This isn’t a steal, I’d have just called pre-flop, then probably folded on flop against 2 opponents, particularly when they showed such strength pre-flop.

Then again, I need to work on my post-flop aggression.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This isn’t a steal, I’d have just called pre-flop

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad. AQs is a very strong pf hand, and while this isn't a steal with a player limping in before CO's raise, it could easily be an iso-raise if CO has the same read on MP2 that we have (btw, that read is "LAG").

Seems to me that everyone is giving MP2 waaaay too much credit. Given his stats, this could easily be any queen, any draw, even 2nd or 3rd pair with a good kicker. Among other things, any hand that's made two pair on this turn (with the exception of Q4) this guy would have raised pf*. I don't think we want to put in any more bets than Hero did given the fact that we're HU, but all this "I call down but don't like it" stuff is hogwash. Call down and LOVE it when Villan turns over KJ/JT ftl.

In short, ni han OP.

*The more I look at it, the more I think this is pretty close to a turn cap, bet/call on the river, but tilt-avoidance might dictate being a little more conservative.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:48 PM

ni han OP. ni han boz, my thoughts exactly, I had even quoted the exact passage you did before realizing that you had already responded to it.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:31 PM

if you fold for 1 bet on the river in big pots against this particular villian type you are folding way too much and are putting kittens in danger.

seriously, against morans like this you often cant put them on hands that easily cos they dont play sensible or in a way you or I would but one thing you want to do is get them to SD when you have a decent hand in a HU pot. How much action you given when you have a hand that seems to be be beaten depends on you and your tolerance for variance yadayadayada
Old 11-09-2007, 11:25 PM

donk/call or c/c the turn imo
Old 11-09-2007, 11:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
donk/call or c/c the turn imo

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Further explanation is needed.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:56 PM

given preflop what hands do you think your equity changed against with that turn card?