Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2007, 09:43 PM

Default Hand vs Phil Gordon at New orleans 5k ME

This is early on day 2, there are about 90 players out of a field of 350 or so players. Phil is a huge CL with 180k chips, i am in 11th place with 65k. Blinds are 800/1600 with a 300 chip ante. Phil sat at the table behind me yesterday and after rebuilding from almost nothing just ran his table over through very aggressive play and some big hands at the right times.

So anyway phil is 2 to my left and i raise from the button to 4500 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], the small blind folds, phil calls. Phil is a tight player who doesnt like playing out of position but also knows i can very well be on a steal here. Also no reason he should have any real reads on me other then im a young looking kid (21) however i am wearing my circuit ring for an event i won earlier in the series and assuming he notices that he should give me some credit as a decent player.

Anyway the flop is:

J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot ~12k)

Phil checks, you bet 6500 phil calls.

turn:

T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (pot ~ 25k)

phil checks, you...