Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
5 players
Seat 2: Villian is SB ($24.75)
Seat 3: BB ($55.45)
Seat 4: UTG ($34.15)
Seat 5: Hero is CO ($37.15)
Seat 6: Button ($24.65)
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $3.25</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">I just called pf to disguise my hand, I am also in position so a call is more attractive.</font>

Flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($6.75, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue">Anyone like a bet here? I checked because I wanted to keep the pot size under control.</font>

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $4</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="blue">I actually think I should of raised here, calling opens me up to a push on the river that I can't call.</font>

River: K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($14.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $17.5</font>, Hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $17.5 returned to SB.

<font color="blue">I am almost sure I'm beat on the end. He probably had KK or AJs, more likely KK. I think I messed up on the turn (should of raised) but the flop check is good. Thoughts?</font>
Results:
Final pot: $14.75
Old 02-08-2007, 03:02 PM

Default Re: $25NL 6max I played AA badly help

I think he has AK or air enough times to call this..

Edit: Actually, probably not, I play higher usually..
Old 02-08-2007, 03:06 PM

This is the opposite of good poker on every street. I want to be sick.

"I played the hand PERFECTLY. I slowplayed it all the way to the river and then BAM, a king comes off and I have to fold because I put him on exactly KK. Total suckout."

Well, it isn't. Just do the opposite of everything you did here and you'll be fine. I'm not joking. The opposite.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:07 PM

I really don't think AK would play like this that often with the paired board. Any real raise and you are comitted on the turn. Could min raise as a blocking bet, but even then calling his push might be a good call. I think your line is fine. Sometimes passive is good.

Should really bet flop though, most of the time, however checking for pot control/deception is fine (if the opponent is good enough to need to use decpetion)
Old 02-08-2007, 03:11 PM

Preflop: The best move is to 4-bet; get as much money in as possible while you're sure you're ahead.

Flop: Bet. You need very badly to take back the lead in this hand. If the villain check-pushes, you can easily fold to the likely jack.

Turn: Part of the reason for betting the flop was to be able to check behind on the turn, and encourage him to bluff the river. As played, you're only beaten by a jack (in his reasonable hand range), so you've got to call.

River: The guy 3-bet and didn't lead on the flop, which tells me he's either being sneaky or is afraid of the jack. You have way under-repped your AA, so AK or KQ is probably assuming it's good right now - he could also be trying to push you out (since you've played it like you might have a king) with QQ, TT, etc. I think you've got to call here.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:12 PM

Is this Hand a joke ?
Reraise preflop. Bet flop. Raise Turn.
As played call river.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this Hand a joke ?
Reraise preflop. Bet flop. Raise Turn.
As played call river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf are you talking about. Preflop is so standard.

Bet flop uhh? I get action from jacks and like QQ-KK. I think I'll check.

lol@call river. ok your advice doesn't count anymore.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: The best move is to 4-bet; get as much money in as possible while you're sure you're ahead.

Flop: Bet. You need very badly to take back the lead in this hand. If the villain check-pushes, you can easily fold to the likely jack.

Turn: Part of the reason for betting the flop was to be able to check behind on the turn, and encourage him to bluff the river. As played, you're only beaten by a jack (in his reasonable hand range), so you've got to call.

River: The guy 3-bet and didn't lead on the flop, which tells me he's either being sneaky or is afraid of the jack. You have way under-repped your AA, so AK or KQ is probably assuming it's good right now - he could also be trying to push you out (since you've played it like you might have a king) with QQ, TT, etc. I think you've got to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Preflop is a standard call in position with 100BB effective stacks. ESPECIALLY against someone this aggressive...wow horrible advice.

Bet on flop is WA/WB situation, checking flop gets me more value out of 1010,QQ,KK type hands.

Turn I have no clue where I am at, that's why I think in hindsight a raise is good here. For value.

It's pretty obvious I'm beat on the river so fold is so easy.

You don't call light against people with Win%@SD 50%+ for the most part. Guaranteed he had KK here though.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is the opposite of good poker on every street. I want to be sick.

"I played the hand PERFECTLY. I slowplayed it all the way to the river and then BAM, a king comes off and I have to fold because I put him on exactly KK. Total suckout."

Well, it isn't. Just do the opposite of everything you did here and you'll be fine. I'm not joking. The opposite.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok pf is standard. flop is debatable, turn is probably a raise. River is a fold most likely.

Go back to 10nl.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:34 PM

sorry speedlimits, but there is nothing standard about calling a raise w/ AA, don't get me wrong it's fine to do for decpetion, but you should re-raise most of the time. If the turn is a raise then the flop is a bet, do you see why?