Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2006, 07:35 AM

Default TP2K played passively gets squeezed

Villain is 16/10/3.2 over 150 hands. WSD 18, W$SD 0. He was tight and pretty solid.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($77.20)
UTG ($27.75)
MP ($29.45)
Hero ($44.15)
Button ($27.25)
SB ($22.10)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.90, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($3.25) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $2.75</font>, Hero calls $2.75, SB folds.

Turn: ($8.75) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

River: ($8.75) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $4</font>, Hero??

<font color="blue">So villain takes a goofy line and I'm getting &gt;2:1 odds for a call. However, I see this villain taking this line more to induce than to bluff. </font>
Old 11-11-2006, 07:44 AM

Default Re: TP2K played passively gets squeezed

looks like a value bet. I think an ace is definitely in his range. I'd probably fold.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:39 AM

I'd fold preflop. River I would call.
Old 11-11-2006, 11:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd fold preflop. River I would call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-11-2006, 12:56 PM

I'd probably fold pre flop but...

On the flop I'd reraise. There are only 5 hands that beat you and a 10% pf raise figure has a wider range than that. (Assuming the 10 is the pf raise %!!)

If he calls my reraise, I'll either rep AK when the A hits or check behind if he was scaring me with the call.

However, having called the flop, why not bet the turn to rep the flush? If he's tight then he knows where the fold button is so guide him in that direction.

Personally, I don't see this line as inducing but I've tpyed out why I think that 3 times now and still can't make it make sense so I give up. Gut feel perhaps. It just seems like he doesn't know where he stands and is worried by your call, then you check the turn and he thinks there may be a chance to be ahead so he puts out a half pot value bet.

Call the river. You're ahead more often than behind imo.
Old 11-11-2006, 12:58 PM

not sure why so many people are telling you to call? im not sure what you beat here? all flushes, aces, and 45 got there.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:52 PM

The call suggestion is merely based on the way the hand played out and the detail of the villain. There are enough hands that missed to sway to a call.

I'm not sure this villain raises any flushes that hit or 45. He raised from ep, only raises 10% of the time and it a solid player. Imo, it's either a lower pp, or lucky AQ/AJ otherwise calling him a solid player doesn't fit. he could be mixing it up a bit and got lucky I guess.
Old 11-11-2006, 02:15 PM

What can you beat but a weaker K. Hes very tight, so you have to give him credit for a hand. The flop is K high with 2 diamonds and he check calls. Hes ver aggressive postflop, so ill rule out AK, but a cll with AQ is possible. The Ad hits which hits all Ax hands and completes the FD. The turn check looks to to induce a bluff for a C/R. I dont see him in there witha weaker K, so I think its a definate fold to an obvious value bet.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What can you beat but a weaker K. Hes very tight, so you have to give him credit for a hand. The flop is K high with 2 diamonds and he check calls. Hes ver aggressive postflop, so ill rule out AK, but a cll with AQ is possible. The Ad hits which hits all Ax hands and completes the FD. The turn check looks to to induce a bluff for a C/R. I dont see him in there witha weaker K, so I think its a definate fold to an obvious value bet.

[/ QUOTE ]Preflop: I usually call with KQ IP but maybe I need to rethink that

Flop: I was kicking myself for not repopping him as Ben K suggests

River: I couldn't think of any reasonable hand I beat so I folded. Even a weaker K would likely check and take his showdown value given all the draws that made it.

Appreciate everyone's input.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:20 PM

call, why not raise? If its a blocker he's smoked [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

edited to add, can he really call without a flush, and will he have the flush that often?