Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 11:30 PM

Default Re: $25NL 6max I played AA badly help

[ QUOTE ]

Preflop is a standard call in position with 100BB effective stacks. ESPECIALLY against someone this aggressive...wow horrible advice.

Bet on flop is WA/WB situation, checking flop gets me more value out of 1010,QQ,KK type hands.

Turn I have no clue where I am at, that's why I think in hindsight a raise is good here. For value.

It's pretty obvious I'm beat on the river so fold is so easy.

You don't call light against people with Win%@SD 50%+ for the most part. Guaranteed he had KK here though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet pot on flop here, and check turn, and if he checks river, I fire out a value bet, if he bets into me, I just call. Bet/folding turn is also fine
Old 02-09-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bet on flop is WA/WB situation, checking flop gets me more value out of 1010,QQ,KK type hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the whole thread, and kept coming back to the above quote. If I put my opponents on those hands, I reraise preflop and fold TT and get a call from QQ, and if Villian has KK, we get the money in preflop.

As played, raise the turn.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:05 AM

alright heres the dealio, you can pretty much figure out how to play this hand on ur own. 1st reraise pf pretty often especially at these limits. second on the flop say we bet, as we should, btw if hes checking and weak no way u are making much money here, but often u will get at least a flop call from most pairs that he could be reraising along w possible Aq, Ak type hands....anyway say he c/r u and has either QQ, Kk, jj, or AJs (if he has os AJ u have to discount it a fair bit imo) that leaves it 12 to 2 your favor, even taking or discounting QQ u are still ahead here. id bet flop, see what happens on turn, prolly bet unless u honesty think he wont call.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:26 AM

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS NOT INTENDED AS INSULT, JUST CRITIQUE BASED ON THIS HAND

Hero needs to 4-bet AA preflop, because if the play of this hand is any indication he plays poorly postflop. Against a tight and rather aggressive player who has been observed to win over half of the hands he goes to showdown with, hero's situation looks increasingly grim the more time he spends with villain postflop.

Hero has failed to bet or raise when needed, and on the river assumes the only hands that play aggressively are ones that beat him, instead of considering that a winning TAG will view weakness on the flop and river as reason to kick hero's face in on the river. As far as I can tell, villain sensed that the two jacks on the flop caused hero to lose confidence in his holding, and that hero would crumple under heavy pressure. He was right.

The solution here is for hero to start working heavily on his postflop skills, posting here regularly, giving careful consideration to the advice held in responses to his posts. Eventually, he will develop strong postflop skills. Until then, play big pairs hard preflop and be content to win the amount of the initial raise.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:47 AM

I don't see how you can fold this river after slowplaying your aces this much. He likely puts you on a smaller PP and thinks his K is good when he hits. This is the problem that slowplaying presents you with sometimes, because you've underrepresented your hand so much, you don't have a real idea what the actual strength of his hand is, only what it is relative to the range you're portraying, so you're forced to make some questionable calls sometimes.
Old 02-09-2007, 01:59 AM

Definitely agree with Sean. OP why did you just call Villain's reraise?
Old 02-09-2007, 02:00 AM

this is a joke im sure