Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2007, 05:30 PM

Default Re: $25NL 6max I played AA badly help

Note to Self: SpeedLimit is a great debater!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:43 PM

speedlimits is trying to spark a debate here. HE shouldnt just blindly take the advice given. He should question it and also explain why he did what he did.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:58 PM

umm for those of you who are arguing 4bet PF with AA, what hands do you 4bet pf with vs a solid aggressive player? PF call is perfectly standard and i hardly ever 4bet anymore in position unless it vs super light 3 bettors(very doubtful you encounter them at 25NL)who will call off PF with weaker holdings, i.e. i have KK and they call my push with TT-QQ/AK.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
speedlimits is trying to spark a debate here. HE shouldnt just blindly take the advice given. He should question it and also explain why he did what he did.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I like arguing/debating so if I come off as aggressive/rude it is not my intention. I thought this hand was pretty interesting because a few lines can be taken and there is no clear cut path to maximize your EV.

Checking the flop here is decent because 1010,QQ,KK all will bet the turn into you. OTOH most villians would expect you to check a Jack and raise turn when villian bets so betting might actually have an edge.

If you bet flop here Villian might raise (esp. aggro opponents) with QQ-KK and you can push over him. Someone else stated this already and I actually think it is a pretty solid approach.

So call 3bet pf. Bet flop, if c/r we are all in. If just called I am betting turn/raising villians turn bet.

Do people like this line as opposed to 4betting pf? I think 4betting pf turns your hand face up and only KK will give you action (note: villian is competent).
Old 02-08-2007, 06:06 PM

Dude, you slow played AA to the max, and folded on a King which did not change anything on the board. Where is the logic?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you slow played AA to the max, and folded on a King which did not change anything on the board. Where is the logic?

[/ QUOTE ]

The king changes a lot of things actually. My logic is in the thread so please read it before you post mindless responses that don't benefit anyone?
Old 02-08-2007, 06:20 PM

Pre-flop depends on your style, too. I like to play ABC Poker, which means I will have to lay down a lot of my pf raising range to a 3-bet. In order to make my play less exploitable by aggressive opponents I therefore need to come over the top of pre-flop 3-bets sometimes or they start 3-betting every time I raise. This is why I would 4-bet pre-flop. Making a proper raise or just pushing depends on how I view my opponent. I often just push and get called by AK, JJ+ (<- because they put me on AK) or even retarded crap. Somehow AI either triggers the gambool in many opponents or makes them think I could be bluffing.

Assuming that I somehow feel the need to just call his 3-bet I would c-bet/push most flops. There might be some extra value (not much IMHO) in playing it slower but I feel that there is value for later hands in making villian feel that he's potentially risking his whole stack if he makes plays at me.

Edit: Notice how my post excludes any LOLing or calling advice "mindless" and take that as an example. Nobody likes to help someone who berates them for advice they don't like.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:24 PM

The only way a King changes something on a JJ22K rainbow board is if the villain has KJ. Or KK that is even more ridiculous. If you are so damn good you can deduce villains range to exactly two holdings, what do you need our advice for? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2007, 06:38 PM

OK i have a question here don't jump on me i really wish too understand the reason for wanting too not reraise PF. You raised with Aces 4 times the blinds and get reraised to 12 x blind. So this really limits the hands here. If he has KK and you reraise hes going to the felt at least i think. If he has QQ he may go to the felt PF and if it's a safe board you may felt him unless A or K flop. If he has AK and nothing comes you are most likely not feltin him on the flop. He could on a slim chance have JJ or AJ or AQ but all three hands seem to me that you unless they hit hard you are not getting anymore money than what you got preflop, but if they hit then you get felted. Doesn't it seem better too go ahead and get the money in preflop considering how much he reraised you PF??
Old 02-08-2007, 07:43 PM

the reason for not wanting to reraise is that either the villain is insane here and hero is planning to call down 99 percent of the time no matter what or hero made a very big mistake by not reraising because perhaps hero felt he had position so he/she didn't want to blow villain out of the pot