UTG+1: $1438.97
MP1: $909
MP2: $696.34
Hero: $74
CO: $409.40
Button: $264.28
SB: $392
BB: $179.33

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
4 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO calls, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($26, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $15</font>, 2 folds.
Uncalled bets: $15 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $26

Very unsure what correct preflop play is in this situation. Is this hand good enough to pot raise and then if reraised simply put all my money in the middle? A pot raise might look like a steal so maybe I could get action from worse hands (QQxx, JJTx, KJT7 etc.)
I took a more conservative approach, though I donīt know what I would have done had I been reraised.
Old 11-20-2006, 08:55 AM

Default Re: Opening action from late position with KKT4

[ QUOTE ]
Is this hand good enough to pot raise and then if reraised simply put all my money in the middle?

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand is good enough to try to pick up the pot. Problem is that you are almost pot committed after flop if you bet pot.

I do not like the pfr raise with small stack.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:08 AM

Focus of the question is preflop action. What is recommended course of action with semi-trashy big pairs opening from late pos.?
Also, I would probably fold to flop reraise. Is that weak?
I would have $51 left in my stack playing for $107 if I am reraised (assuming Iīm gonna be all in). Getting less than 2-1. Not getting odds against straits, 2-pair, sets, all of which are possible b/c of my small preflop raise. BB especially could limp with all sorts of low hands or Axx3.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Focus of the question is preflop action. What is recommended course of action with semi-trashy big pairs opening from late pos.?

[/ QUOTE ]

KKxx no suit, QQKA no suit etc

1a. If pot has not been opened and you have less than 25 BB. Limp.

1b. If pot is raised by laggy player and you have less than 25 BB. Re-raise pot if you can get most of your money in. Else fold.

2a. If pot has not been opened and you have between 25-50 BB. Make pot sweetener raise(2-3 BB).

2b. If pot is re-raised and you have between 25-50 BB. Re-raise pot if you can get most of your money in and raiser is laggy player. Else fold.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is this hand good enough to pot raise and then if reraised simply put all my money in the middle?

[/ QUOTE ]

The hand is good enough to try to pick up the pot. Problem is that you are almost pot committed after flop if you bet pot.

I do not like the pfr raise with small stack.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why are you sitting with such a small stack to begin with? You cant really judge your play being proper when your committed after the flop bet. With such a small stack, your pretty much looking for aces and committing yourself.