Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 07:11 PM

Default TPTK vs C/r and a quick ITS hand (is this spewage)

Hand #1

Villain is 32/14, but over plays TP, and bets his draws. This seemed very out of character. I had reraised his PFR a couple of times and raised his bets when I was involved in pots with him. I hate to over play TPTK, but I often do.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
4 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $8.70
Hero: $9.70
SB: $14.80
BB: $8.50

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.35</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.35, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.35</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises all-in $7.6</font>, Hero ?????

I’m ahead of KQ, AJ, KJ, 55-1010, and ahead of most of the draws. Any one like a call here?

Hand #2

SB is 42/13/.88
UTG+1 is 64/0/1.25 and thinks in $ amounts

Image ok, hit a set or two, took down a med pot off a shortie and showing my 78s raise UTG

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $15.40
UTG+1: $5.60
CO: $9.50
Hero: $17.10
SB: $2.20
BB: $3.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $0.2</font>, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, CO folds.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($4.2, 3 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4.5</font>,

Over bet is to put in both callers. Is this spewing or just taking advantage of position?
Old 05-08-2006, 07:14 PM

Default Re: TPTK vs C/r and a quick ITS hand (is this spewage)

Hand 1: call, you're getting very good odds and is still ahead of a bunch of hands.

Hand 2: spew, just call preflop.

Looks like you're out-thinking yourself, the way to beat those games is to play aggressive with big hands and make your hand cheaply when you're drawing (and then get payed off).
Old 05-08-2006, 07:16 PM

hand 2 sucks as they're both calling. i might even consider folding this pf since they have such small stacks we dont have great implied odds. calling is ok, too, but raising here is silly. v bigger stacks a raise is soooooooo sexy.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you're out-thinking yourself, the way to beat those games is to play aggressive with big hands and make your hand cheaply when you're drawing (and then get payed off).

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate that advice. I get it too often.
I should make a sticky note and put that on my desk.
Thanks for the input.