Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-29-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: Tiltaments on FT is Imper1um?

but seriously... would there be any way to prove it is Sorel? There is no way he would play from the same IP. Correct me if Im wrong, but Im pretty sure if you just pick up a new comp but are still in the same location then the IP is different.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
but seriously... would there be any way to prove it is Sorel? There is no way he would play from the same IP. Correct me if Im wrong, but Im pretty sure if you just pick up a new comp but are still in the same location then the IP is different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhh no. But I mean, there's really no reason any of these guys should ever be caught doing this or ever caught multi-accounting if they were smart about it. It's just an unfortunate problem with playing on the internet.

EDIT: Considering the money these guys are risking NOT getting paid, their ROI could be significantly be -ROI I mean look at how many we've seen get caught lately.

What this makes me wonder is, if they're playing for that much, why the hell wouldn't they pay some network engineer to make it impossible to tell?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:41 PM

in all seriousness, I believe show is right- I've played Sorel and TedsFish several times, and I was always impressed with Sorel and TedsFishFry was pretty clearly an over aggro donk, not near as controlled

this thread just shows you what a forum full of intelligent poker players can accomplish with a little research and exchange of opinion

CASE CLOSED.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
New computers wont change your IP to my knowledge.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jurollo, youre right. I asked in the software forum and was told the IP would remain the same.

"but user could úse a proxy, change his isp or change from static to dynamic ip (if isp supports) "

whatever that means...
Old 11-29-2007, 08:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jurollo, youre right. I asked in the software forum and was told the IP would remain the same.

"but user could úse a proxy, change his isp or change from static to dynamic ip (if isp support

whatever that means...

[/ QUOTE ]

ever had ur license plate or registration stolen? think of it like that....
Old 12-01-2007, 04:30 AM

hows it -roi when they ALWAYS get 2 keep the $$$$$
Old 12-01-2007, 03:40 PM

You can change your IP very simply most of the time, IP isnt the only thing though.
Old 12-01-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rumor has it tiltaments on FT is actually sorel, this account has been crushing lately out of nowhere and if it is indeed another sorel account then i think tilt really needs to look into the accounts history. Tiltaments busted me at FTOPS final table and everyone was convinced it was someone playing a bought account, and the super aggro playing style was similar to sorels.

Any information anyone has on the tiltaments account would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I played with tiltaments in the FTOPS ME for a long time and me and apestyles were laughing because we joked about how tiltaments was playing like you would expect someone with the name tiltaments to play. As I remember, he was just an overaggro spewy wannabe awesome lagtard. I remember he cold 4 bet, timex cold called the 4 bet, tiltaments bet 4k of his 6-7k stack on the flop which was pot, then timed all the way down and folded to timex's shove. If sorel does that stuff then maybe it was him, but the dude just seemed bad and really easy to extract from.