Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2007, 01:38 AM

Default limping in the SB

i've come across several posts and articles which teach how to defend the SB, but are there any pieces of advice on when to simply limp in the SB?

for example, i imagine that limping in the SB with A3o is a much better idea when, say, only 2 other people have called because if you flop an Ace, you probably don't need to worry about the kicker as much as if 4+ people limped pre-flop.

on the other hand, i would suppose that limping in the SB with something like 67s would be more +EV with 4-5 callers rather than just 1-3. does this make any sense at all?

are there any links which list hand ranges to limp in the SB, or are there any ways to calculate specifically which ones are +EV or -EV?

Thanks!
Old 11-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: limping in the SB

anyone?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:16 AM

Default Re: limping in the SB

Well, limping vs 1 semi-tight limper with a hand like a3o, 57s etc can be very close.

Playing/limping in the SB with marginal hands is all about one thing: How good u play postflop. I personaly fold A little very often. 50/10/x Guys will outkick you very often ... they almost never raise up to AJ.

Itīs just a very personal thing. Try some things over 10000 hands. Then use the filter function(which is highly underused) from Pokertracker and look at every single hand. Obviously, if ur bb rate is -1,8/bb hand u should stop playing those hands then [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Edit: Never! forget, a limped pot is 3 sbīs big with 3 guys, a button raised pot is 4,5 with 2 guys. Dont fight to hard for the small pots against a stupid Fish. Take the big ones.