Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 11-09-2007, 05:46 PM

Default fold the turn? fold the river? standard call down?

flop raiser is a pretty LP 41/11 pf. I haven't seen him make any crazy plays postflop, so his raise is probably not a bluff or spew.

The button is a good LATTAG who posts quite a bit on 2p2 in mid-high SH. He may be tilting this afternoon since I've seem him ranting in the chatbox of two or three different tables about gutters etc (on a couple of hands that were pretty standard suckouts).

if it was HU I think the turn and river call are pretty standard, but if we put the button on something like AK or AT with the Aof diamonds maybe it is a fold. I guess he could have TT or 99 with a diamond.

not sure whether it is a standard call down, or if I should fold on one of the big streets.

Absolute Poker $10/$20 Limit Hold'em - 6 players
Hand Converter Tool from DeucesCracked.com

Preflop: Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#FF0000">MP raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#FF0000">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">Hero caps!</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (13.00 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#FF0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#FF0000">MP raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP bets</font>, Button calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#FF0000">MP bets</font>, Button folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB
Old 11-09-2007, 05:52 PM

Default Re: fold the turn? fold the river? standard call down?

i play it the same.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:19 PM

pf+f+t standard
as bleak as it looks I can't fold this on the river getting that price. villain may still have 99-TT or the other JJ. he knows noone has KK+ or a Q
Old 11-10-2007, 04:25 AM

totally standard? so far the feedback is yes...
Old 11-10-2007, 06:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
pf+f+t standard
as bleak as it looks I can't fold this on the river getting that price. villain may still have 99-TT or the other JJ. he knows noone has KK+ or a Q

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this. Def can't fold the turn with the J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], and the river call is bleak but we are closing the action for one bet. I toss it in and hope to be pleasantly surprised.
Old 11-10-2007, 08:42 AM

With the description of villlain flop might be a little bit close.

What are we putting him on here? But when LAGTAG only calls I think there is a fair chance of him having AK.

I mean is the fish sophisticated enough to protection raise A8, 99-TT?

However. Given the way the hand played out I cant see how you can fold the river. If the fish made a play on the flop he will 3-barrel. He will prolly also fire again with A8, 99-TT since nobody played back. I guess we cant rule out 86s as well.
Old 11-10-2007, 09:15 AM

nothing you can do here
Old 11-10-2007, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With the description of villlain flop might be a little bit close.

What are we putting him on here? But when LAGTAG only calls I think there is a fair chance of him having AK.

I mean is the fish sophisticated enough to protection raise A8, 99-TT?

However. Given the way the hand played out I cant see how you can fold the river. If the fish made a play on the flop he will 3-barrel. He will prolly also fire again with A8, 99-TT since nobody played back. I guess we cant rule out 86s as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I figured the flop is an easy peel getting 18-1 with backdoor diamonds, backdoor straights, and two outs to the set. With implied odds I feel like I am getting enough to take one off.

I think the turn call is closer. sure I'm getting like 12-1 with a flush draw, but what can the LAGTAG have besides a big A with the diamond.

The LAGTAG is playing his hand exactly like he flopped overs with a backdoor diamond draw, so I really think I have to discount my flush draw severly. If that is the case then I think the turn is probably a fold.

but in the moment I call this down just like I did in the OP. seems like you guys don't think it is too bad.