Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Next generation of 6-max LHE stats?

Probably many of you have been following the Software development race between Holdem Manager and Poker Tracker 3.

NL players in those threads have had a lot to say on the matter of added/improved stats, new summary reports, and more adaptable HUD features.

What about us minbettors? Are we satisfied with the PT2/PokerAce legacy of stat representation in 6-max LHE?

For my part, I've often found postflop aggression numbers misleading, particularly in the 40 VPIP range, and have wondered (idly) whether they could be broken down another way.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:02 PM

Default Re: Next generation of 6-max LHE stats?

Wait, theres a pokertracker 2?
Old 11-02-2007, 08:03 PM

3bet stats would be nice too
Old 11-02-2007, 08:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wait, theres a pokertracker 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the current version that everybody has is called Pokertracker v2. So yea, there is a PT version 2 and you already have it.

I haven't been following this in the software forum and hadn't heard about it. Just checked out the preview page and this new thing looks really damn cool and I'm excited for it and am happy to pay up again to get it.

http://preview.pokertracker3.com/index.php
Old 11-02-2007, 08:50 PM

I'm pretty stoked about it

Any limit players using holdemmanager? I've just been kind of curious about it, but have only seen screenshots from NL databases..
Old 11-02-2007, 08:57 PM

There actually is a better way of assessing aggression that is entirely independent of VPIP.

In PokerAce, the stat is called Aggression Frequency.

I have my HUD set up still displaying overall postflop aggression factor, but I also have a street by street listing of aggression frequency which helps in determining the lines my opponents are taking.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:01 PM

Oh...as far as the original Q if the limit players need anything.
Not anything that it so specific to limit that they wouldn't be adding anyway.
The 3-bet and 4-bet stuff that they are adding could be huge.

I'm also guessing that with various tweaking going on and so forth there will be greater opportunity to request certain features or new stats.
It's kind of hard to say what else we could 'need' when we don't already know exactly how this new thing is going to work and what more it is going to do.

I think that some different adjustable type things for ag-factor would be nice because sometimes that stat can be pretty pointless.
Something about bluffing success or value-extraction or different unusual donking patterns, etc could be interesting although I'm not exactly sure how you would do this and am also not sure if it would really serve much of a function or is just something that is potentially interesting.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:07 PM

It would be pretty neat if it highlighted relevant stats when you need to make a decision... i.e. you are in the BB vs a button raise, so it automatically highlights attempt to steal. Or you see a UTG raise, and it automatically shows his open raise UTG %....

probably just a pipe dream and perhaps that would make things too easy...
Old 11-02-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be pretty neat if it highlighted relevant stats when you need to make a decision... i.e. you are in the BB vs a button raise, so it automatically highlights attempt to steal. Or you see a UTG raise, and it automatically shows his open raise UTG %....

probably just a pipe dream and perhaps that would make things too easy...

[/ QUOTE ]

That would require screen scraping and real-time advice giving, which is what violates all teh sites' TOS. PT doesn't bring any data to your attention, so they don't care about it.

If they allowed this, I'd be very psyched for it. Tho it would probably make me defend my blinds a bit more, 'cause i'm a nit.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:49 PM

Okay, so instead of that how about stuff like when you face a 3-bet you see the last 5-10 hands that he has 3-bet a lone-raiser from that position or something like that?
Instead of approximating his range you can immediately see that A8s is within his button 3-bet range because he's actually done that before.

Also, I have access to my own win-rate of course and my opponents win-rates in the hands they have played with me. But I've often wondered what they would have for me as my win-rate in our tables? I have no idea if they are looking at me as a losing or winning player.

Or how I've specifically done in head-to-head hands vs. that opponent.

I'm just thinking out loud here but the more I think about it the more I think there is room to work the numbers round to come up with some other interesting stats that I don't think we have easy access to currently.