Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2007, 10:20 AM

Default Re: What to do in late position with lots of limpers?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise 77+, A8o+ Axs+, K10o+ K9s+, Q10s+, QJo+, J10+, 109s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s. In CO I would limp any offsuited connectors and on the button I would add 55+ to raise, call Axo, 22-44 ,and any offsuited connectors and 1 gappers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an elaborate joke I'm unable to comprehend right?

[/ QUOTE ]

well what you need to learn is that Smurf is our resident lag and he does definitely add value to the micros because he isnt your standard TAG. He also doesnt multitable much, he really does work on his reads, he uses his reads, he loves metagame and he loves to bully the tighties. That being said.....this is still a crazy raising range for this spot and you better play well postflop cos ur pushing the EV envelope. Also I really dont like raising hands unsuited hands like A8o and K10o in this spot.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:29 AM

I would definitely raise both in this spot
Old 10-30-2007, 12:08 PM

okie doke, that explains a lot. Raisy daisy A8o with 4 limpers already in seemed a bit...ahem...unorthodox to me as a general advice.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I raise 77+, A8o+ Axs+, K10o+ K9s+, Q10s+, QJo+, J10+, 109s, 98s, 87s, 76s, 65s. In CO I would limp any offsuited connectors and on the button I would add 55+ to raise, call Axo, 22-44 ,and any offsuited connectors and 1 gappers.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an elaborate joke I'm unable to comprehend right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take out KTo, QTo, QJo, A8o, A9o and it's completely fine (not that I'd raise a lot of them, but I don't think there's anything wrong with doing so).
Old 10-30-2007, 07:35 PM

this thread is pretty lolworthy.

smurph's range here (as are many posts that he makes) is spewy and bad.

those defending such reasoning -- for various nebulous reasons -- lol to you all as well.

let's call a spade a spade here.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 PM

not a stupid question at all.
Old 10-31-2007, 07:48 AM

BBB I didn't realize you were such a JA. Good to know.

Next time you rank my posts as spew and bad I would appreciate some constructive criticism like everyone else does. Until then, go peel the bark off of someone's else's tree.

If you can't play those hands against 4 limpers for a raise that doesn't by definition mean its spew and bad unless of course you can prove it.

In all my posts I always accepted criticism at its base value even when it was personal, but I see no merit in your comments against my posts lately so I am not sure what fostered it.

Perhaps you can tell me at some time in a PM why I am such and idiot to help me or you can ignore me in the future.

I think I have done my best to add some content to this particular forum by being unafraid to make ridiculous statements.

To think that I am unaware of this is extremely shortsighted. I do take offense to the comment of calling a spade a spade though, although many people claim it's not a racist comment because its origin goes back to Ancient Greece doesn't negate the fact that since the 1600's its been used in a derogatory way.
Old 10-31-2007, 09:26 AM

I also don't get the criticism on Smurphs range (and posts for that matter).
I'll admit, it's a loose raising range and I disagree with a lot of the cards in his range (especially the offsuit ones and small suited connectors), but the whole concept of LP is that you have an advantage over your opponents, and any decent hand has good EV against the limpers' ranges, so if you should play looser, why can't you RAISE looser in LP?

You have position, and if you're the CO you can buy the button. And you have the initiative: the whole table will most likely check to you after the flop.

You have the advantage preflop, punish the limpers!

Personally I'd raise 77+, A8s+, KTs+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+ and KQo from both the button and the CO (especially if raising might buy me the button).
And if there's even more limpers I'd raise with some more suited cards (Axs for instance) and pocket pairs.

At a table this loose, you can benefit a great deal from your preflop EV...
Old 10-31-2007, 10:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's say I'm in late position (the button or cut-off) holding something good like 99 or AJs. There's 4 limpers in behind me. Being a generally loose low limit table with no specific reads on people, what should my play generally be? Raise to put more money in the pot with a good hand or just limp and try and hit a good hand (and check/fold if I miss the flop since there are probably going to be 5/6 people in the hand)? Also, is this a stupid question?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a stupid question imo, but you should raise with both of these hands and more probably with that many limpers, probably worth raising 66+ and ATs KJs+ because you should have a decent equity edge preflop against that many players i.e more than 20% 5 handed more than 16.7% 6 handed.

With the AJs you can win some decent pots with just an Axx flop and sometimes you will get straight or flush draws as well.

With that many players you will win most of the money with 66-JJ when you flop a set but you should still raise because people will pay you off royally when you do hit, plus you will win sometimes when you don't improve as well.

Regards Mack
Old 10-31-2007, 12:42 PM

Great question, floyd. Been having some problems with this kinda scenario too.