Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2007, 12:00 PM

Default Still stuck in a lot of spots. PL08.

Hand #1

I've been playing pretty passive and deceptive. I am very sure that Villain will not suspect A2 on my part, but i'm not sure if he has it on his part. If a non low counterfeiting club comes I think he still pots trying to bluff with his nut low. Of course, my 77 still might be good right now and we could be super freerolling if we jam and if not we always have clubs to fall back on. Thoughts?

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $3/$6
2 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
SB: $972.70
Hero: $1450.28

Pre-flop: (2 players) Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $18</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($36, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $30</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($96, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $95</font>, Hero ???

Hand #2

This one is pretty straightforward. I'm trying to decide the pros and cons of Re-popping this flop and flat calling. What do you think the pros and cons are?

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $2/$4
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $60.63
UTG+1: $201.80
UTG+2: $148.26
MP1: $276.80
MP2: $445.52
MP3: $93.25
CO: $899.02
Hero: $501.57
SB: $121.90
BB: $775.90

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Hero calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($30, 7 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $8</font>, UTG calls, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 raises to $56</font>, CO folds, Hero ?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Re: Still stuck in a lot of spots. PL08.

I don't play this deep/rich but....

Hand 1 - Do we have a range of raising hands for villain? Without any deeper info I like a flat call on the turn, and for any unfavorable card I'd go with a flat call on the river as well. You could be facing A29Kr and still be facing a quartering. Hard to imagine you're very far behind on the high side IF villain has the same low.

Hand 2: There's a good chance somebody else has the same high, but without your freeroll. If you flat call and hit any non-heart low, your opponent is likely now freerolling, which means you could get quartered for a very big bet on the river. If you get it in now, your freeroll is better here. I don't think a flat call will bring in BB and UTG, do you?
Old 08-28-2007, 12:28 PM

Location: cook me on your grill and feed me to your neighbors

1) call, with stack depth like this, u control pot-size well and chance is good if he has str8t 6 and u hit club he pays off riv at head-up depending on your image (more info on vill?)
i think the number of times you're freerolling completely here is drastically smaller than the number of times you're virtually 50-50 with him
your comments on the hand indicate he was betting pretty light, and that you wanted to get more $ in the pot??
but if u just call, $300 in there, u can get most of his if u hit great card, and if disaster river (non club 2 or ace) you can fold pretty happily (since str8t six would obv. scoop you then)

2) u have $500 behind to start, if u peel for the $50 raise youd have what like 430ish left (sorry just glanced math be off)-i think id peel again, he may put you on j7a2, aa2x, just hearts-you have enough outs and enough behind that odds are he'll stay betting some turns that hit u, mb u can cr? the con of peeling is that if hes smart enough to c/fold all your hit cards, u have no implied odds
need to know opponent in hand 2-how often will he bet, will he let u cr, shove over your cr, give u credit for better str8t, etc
if u had emergency low id prob. shove cause its 2-4 and it gets u a little more eq. but otherwise u can peel

dont you wreck shop at 50/100 lo8? what are you doin playing with these feebs?
Old 08-28-2007, 01:32 PM

Hand 1 - call if villain is reliably aggro on the river, otherwise raise here I think.
Hand 2 - unless one of the villains is likely to pay off your nut flush, I like a raise here. If you can convince various two-pair or even low-set type hands to fold, it protects your hand against redraws, and you should be a favorite against just a straight. And if you do get multiway action I think you'll still have better than your fair share of equity in the pot.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:28 AM

In the first hand I'm raising most of the time, though calling disguises your hand. Your pair of sevens make's it highly unlikey he has the nut straight, but nobody ever folds 25xx, naked or not, so in that aspect I think they're pretty irrelevant. If he's aggressive, your sevens might be good, and calling could keep him bluffing into you on a lot of blank rivers. I think BBartlog already said something similar to this, but the more aggressive he is on the river, the more I think a call is correct.

In hand two calling makes it easier for BB to put money in the pot with dominated draws. If you call and the BB folds, you might find some profitable bluffing opportunities if you can put him on the nut straight, especially since you didn't raise preflop. MP2 could also be on a bluff or semibluff after BB's weak lead, or making what he would consider to be a valuebet with some kind of two pair, set, huge draw or any combo of those. If you raise you might get him to fold sets on the flop or turn. You're flipping with QJT9 suited in hearts here, and are about 60-40 vs any other two pair, even stuff like KQJ9 suited in hearts.
Old 08-29-2007, 04:32 PM

Results for the hands? I'm curious.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:23 PM

Hand 1: If he is really that aggressive just call. If he isnt ultra aggressive raise.

Hand 2: Shove. You dont want a set to come along and you dont want two pair to come along. You want to go heads up with the current nuts, which is the straight. If you just call you dont know where you are at. He could have two pair and raised because the other guy bet like 8 bucks. Just shove.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:28 PM

results?

you mind if I ask your opinion on whether 8/16 ft is any more competent than the atm 5/10? (limit)
Old 08-30-2007, 12:01 PM

Results:

Hand 1. I called. River was the 2 of clubs and he block bet $95 which I obv potted on. He thought and folded.

Hand 2. I called :S. I thought I wanted the equity and that if a 8 or King came I could get money out of both. UTG went all-in for his last little bit (OMG, I FORGOT THAT TOTALLY). Turn came a low heart and we got it in and he had T8K with two hearts (k of hearts).
Old 08-30-2007, 12:18 PM

"...that if an 8 or k came I could get some out of both" yeah thats what im saying even tho u can make an argument for those outs making u want to shove its fairly well disguised, as your aa with nut hearts is pretty face-up, so u def peel-any thoughts on my 5/10 v. 8/16 ques.?
im doing great at the former and just dont have enuff to put down 400-500 at risk in a sess. for the latter unless its similarly mongoloid