Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2007, 07:36 PM

Default AK heads-up from sb, 130 BB deep

BB seems decent (17/14/1.8 over 75 hands) but has inexplicably bluffed off half his stack with air on the previous hand so may be steaming.

You like this line? Too aggressive?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.15/$0.30
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $37.65
CO: $55.30
Button: $35.05
Hero: $63.90
BB: $38

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.9</font>, BB calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($1.8, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $4.1</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($10, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $18</font>, BB calls.

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($46, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero is all-in $40.9</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB calls all-in $15</font>.
Uncalled bets: $25.9 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $76
Old 05-11-2007, 07:38 PM

Default Re: AK heads-up from sb, 130 BB deep

Hero folds the flop.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hero folds the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]Serious responses only please. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-11-2007, 07:43 PM

check raising the turn is pretty bad normally, if you're willing to play for stacks you might as well 3 bet the flop then at least if he 4 bets you can be pretty damn sure you're beat.
Old 05-11-2007, 07:57 PM

For me is obvious he is beat on the flop. Why think otherwise? Just because villain bluffed the hand before? But we don't even know how he did it. Did he checkraise? If so - it makes sense, if not - situation is different.
Old 05-11-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
check raising the turn is pretty bad normally, if you're willing to play for stacks you might as well 3 bet the flop then at least if he 4 bets you can be pretty damn sure you're beat.

[/ QUOTE ]So you suggest 3-betting the flop for information? That may be the best move, although it does mean I'm playing a very big pot with one pair, when I'd really prefer to show down.

I'm thinking I'm ahead 80-90% of the time on the flop. Only losing to A7, A5, 55 or 77 (AA or 75 unlikely). I didn't 3-bet because I want to get value from a worse Ace or a bluff, which may fold to a 3-bet. This may be bad logic but that's what I was thinking.

Slava_Sky - how do you think he plays a hand like AT? Isn't this a very good flop for a bluff-raise? This is a great flop for AK heads-up - if you fold to a raise here, you might as well fold pre-flop. I don't mind my flop play although later streets might be questionable.

FWIW he bluffed the previous hand by raising UTG with 85s and firing 3 barrels into 2 people with no pair no draw and was called down by someone who slowplayed QQ pre-flop. I don't think it's massively relevant although I'd certainly be steaming if I were him.

I'm now thinking, maybe a big ace (AK-AJ) re-raises pre-flop, and a smaller Ace will just call this flop, although it's also possible he's raising a smaller Ace for value or to see where he's at. Hard to know really. I think you have to at least call the flop.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:02 PM

i like the fact your a thinking player but imo your line is 2 agg on the turn and certainly on the river after he called your turn bet.he might b steaming but he could easily b steaming with A7 A5.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]So you suggest 3-betting the flop for information? That may be the best move, although it does mean I'm playing a very big pot with one pair, when I'd really prefer to show down.

I'm thinking I'm ahead 80-90% of the time on the flop. Only losing to A7, A5, 55 or 77 (AA or 75 unlikely). I didn't 3-bet because I want to get value from a worse Ace or a bluff, which may fold to a 3-bet. This may be bad logic but that's what I was thinking.

Slava_Sky - how do you think he plays a hand like AT? Isn't this a very good flop for a bluff-raise? This is a great flop for AK heads-up - if you fold to a raise here, you might as well fold pre-flop. I don't mind my flop play although later streets might be questionable.

FWIW he bluffed the previous hand by raising UTG with 85s and firing 3 barrels into 2 people with no pair no draw and was called down by someone who slowplayed QQ pre-flop. I don't think it's massively relevant although I'd certainly be steaming if I were him.

I'm now thinking, maybe a big ace (AK-AJ) re-raises pre-flop, and a smaller Ace will just call this flop, although it's also possible he's raising a smaller Ace for value or to see where he's at. Hard to know really. I think you have to at least call the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check raising the turn isn't getting you to showdown cheaply.
Old 05-11-2007, 09:54 PM

Do you think I should check-fold the turn?
Old 05-11-2007, 09:57 PM

I'd probably check call the turn. If he bets large on the river I seriously doubt your hand is good.