Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 02:15 PM

Default Re: What is the real benefit of 6max Limit Hold\'em?

Tempban until mvoss comes out of PCP withdrawal.
Old 11-04-2007, 05:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well.
i`m playing 2/4$ 6tbl limit a lot,and beating it,becouse of so much of fish,is it any fish on 5/10 limits?
i have enough bankroll,but staying away from big limits,hard to believe it`s any easer.
but maybe i`m wrong

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I remember playing with you awhile back. If you are who I think you are, you can definitely beat 5/10. There are plenty of fish. My biggest problem that when I moved up in limits I continued multitabling and I ended up not really solidifying any reads on regulars until I had spewed off a ton of bets that could have been saved had I either

a)Sweated the games alot before I started playing;
b)asked regulars in that game who was good and who the fish were; or
c) Play 1 table of that limit along with 2 or 3 of my normal limit until I get the hang of who the winners and losers are.
Old 11-04-2007, 06:05 PM

Lolz .. a lot of wierdness in this forum too .. hehe.

But I'm with mvoss here, OP looses any claim to respect due to his samplesizes. (and don't mention the war, but I'm with oink there)
Old 11-04-2007, 07:13 PM

Ok, for the wanna be moderators. Maybe my post was (too) harsh so allow me to try and explain myself.

First of all OP states to know which games are +EV for him to play in. I think it's very fair to ask how many hands he has played since he's so certain that he knows. I think I asked this question quite politely. I found his response to be not only arrogant but downright insulting.

[ QUOTE ]

Good question, next question!

About 20k/FRLHE, 15k/SHLHE, 10k/SHNLHE. I know that some people will argue that this numbers are rarely statistical relevant but I can't wait until the next millenium change until I make my decisions. Anyway, the difference is really very significant and the results are accordingly obvious (at least personally for me).

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe it's because of my poor English maybe I just overreacted. Anyways as expected OP's sample size was really too small to conclude anything about his WR.

Second of all I took a quick glance of which posts has been made by OP during the 14.5 months he's been registered here. Most of them has been some vague general question mostly stats related where he makes different claims about his WR and whether he's actually a winner in certain games. From these posts it's also obvious that he has made no investigations himself he just posts a question and expect people here to spoonfeed him the answers.

Third of all for all the times he's come inhere asking for help I've only found 1 post where he's actually trying to help someone else (and himself in the process). Remember he's been registered for over a year and all he's done is asking vague and general questions expecting to have the answers spoonfed.

These 3 things are what pissed me off and made me write my "abusive" post. If the real mods think I need a break from the forums because of this then so be it, I stand by every word I wrote and I'm done giving the OP advice.
Old 11-04-2007, 08:45 PM

The further explanation wasn't really necessary. You pretty much got the same point across both times.
You are still way to hyper in your hatred and piss-offedness at some other poster who has crappy sample-sizes.
Old 11-06-2007, 04:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow you're an idiot!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Sir!

[ QUOTE ]

Also you say you put a lot of effort into your game and yet you've only been able to run up a total of 34 posts in the 14.5 months you've been registered on 2p2. How about you start [censored] posting and you'll learn a lot faster.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really have substancial doubts whether somebody with such obvious emotional instabilities can ever become a successful player at the poker tables. Most unsuccessful players of this kind will sooner or later choose other places apart from the poker tables to get the desired acknowledgement for being a Poker "expert". Some of them start writing books, some others write insulting articles into discussion forums ...
Old 11-07-2007, 02:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you play low stakes 6max LHE you have to use all the good sign-up bonuses you can get, no matter how small they are.

Rakeback is nice, but not high enough for those stakes IMO.

I started my 6max journey at .25/.5, now iīm (almost) at 2/4 and have played so far with an effective rakeback of nearly 100%(no joke), because of all the bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

What sites give you bonuses = to almost 100% rakeback? For USA.
thx
Old 11-07-2007, 02:22 PM

I would assume he is playing tons of hands at AP to get all their benefits that come with having rakeback and making VIP status.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:53 PM

I see... I so wish they didn't have bb jackpot tables, I would love that site forever.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would assume he is playing tons of hands at AP to get all their benefits that come with having rakeback and making VIP status.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, just sign-up bonuses with good clearing rates - these can be looked up at bonuswhores. Clear the bonus and move on.

[ QUOTE ]
What sites give you bonuses = to almost 100% rakeback? For USA.

[/ QUOTE ]

I donīt know which sites allow US players, so i canīt you a proper advice.
Closed Thread