Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 02-27-2006, 02:16 PM

Default If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant]

GET THE HELL OUT! The left lane is not a "fast lane" it is a freaking passing lane. Pass and get the f... over to the right. Don't drive in the left lane unless you are passing or are a retarded monkey that doesn't know how to turn his or her steering wheel to the right.

Nothing annoys me more than seeing a four lane highway with no one behind or in front of me except 4 cars driving next to each other as if they were holding hands.

And if you are behind a truck or another slow-moving car, don't wait until you are just about to be passed to switch lanes and overtake, especially if you don't know where your gas pedal is (it's the one on the right).
[/rant]
Old 02-27-2006, 02:20 PM

Default Re: If you drive in the left-most lane, [rant]

my take on this is that if you are in the left lane, you should be riding the bumper of the car in front of you until he changes lanes.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:23 PM

I'm one of the jerks that you must hate. I stay in the left lane because of what gets on my nerves: slow jackasses that don't get over to let you pass ever. These types are also the ones who speed up and slow down with very large gaps in speeds. I avoid these right lane folk at all costs.

Plus there are no laws I've heard of in the south (GA) that forbid left hand lane cruising. I've heard of some laws up north (PA) making this illegal, but nothing in this area, so I'll keep huggin the rail.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:28 PM

Let's make this a generic ranting about idiot drivers thread.

TURN SIGNALS ARE VERY USEFUL TO INDICATE TO OTHER DRIVERS YOUR INTENTIONS PRIOR TO MAKING A TURN

For instance: if you are approaching an intersection and intend to turn left, activate your left turn signal before reaching the intersection. Not turning your signal on at all doesn't work, neither does activating it WHILE making the turn.

Thank you.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:29 PM

I drive in the left lane, but Im almost always the fastest car in sight.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
These types are also the ones who speed up and slow down with very large gaps in speeds. I avoid these right lane folk at all costs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind people that drive fast or slow unless they are at an extreme, but what's the deal with the speed changers? What motivates someone to drive 50 when they are in front of me but 80 when I'm trying to pass them?

Yet were I to murder them, I'd be the one to go to jail.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...if you don't know where your gas pedal is (it's the one on the right).
[/rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the reminder. I actually forgot this the other day and it cost me alot of money.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:31 PM

I live in Massachusetts, where the roads are far too crowded to designate one lane for just passing, and where directionals are a sign of weakness.
Old 02-27-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live in Massachusetts, where the roads are far too crowded to designate one lane for just passing, and where directionals are a sign of weakness.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-27-2006, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Let's make this a generic ranting about idiot drivers thread.

TURN SIGNALS ARE VERY USEFUL TO INDICATE TO OTHER DRIVERS YOUR INTENTIONS PRIOR TO MAKING A TURN

For instance: if you are approaching an intersection and intend to turn left, activate your left turn signal before reaching the intersection. Not turning your signal on at all doesn't work, neither does activating it WHILE making the turn.

Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This also has to do with how bad drivers make turns...They wait until just before getting to the road, slam on the brakes and then try to use the momentum to swing them around while braking, which fails, so then they accelerate and the whole business takes forever...instead of just A> signalling, B> Applying brakes well before the road C> Accelerateing through the turn.

Also, tailgating is wrong, but if someone tailgates you, it IS ok to get the hell over into the right lane...nobody will think you're a puss.

Good thread.
--GA