Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2007, 12:08 PM

Default The US needs to die.

Whatever your fascist government wants to do within your own borders, go ahead. But stop fking forcing foreign companies from operating in foreign countries. It's none of your gd business. Neteller's exit from Canada was clearly forced upon them by the American DoJ as part of the settlement in the US.

What a joke of a country.

(I like Americans, but your government is a complete disgrace)
Old 03-26-2007, 12:13 PM

Default Re: The US needs to die.

Down with America. I can see why the whole world hates America. I know I do, and I live here. Maybe Barney Frank will save us from these right wing Republican idiots, I sure hope so.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:15 PM

Not arguing the concept, I agree our government is a complete disgrace, but do you want to explain to me, slowly and with short words, what is so obvious about why the US government would make NETeller pull out of Canada and Turkey to give US customers their money back?
Old 03-26-2007, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Americans, but our government is a complete disgrace

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-26-2007, 12:31 PM

I am Turkish. I personally don't like American Goverment too but to be fair it has nothing to do with Neteller withdrawing from Turkey.

Turkish goverment owns a Betting Company. It is run by one of the biggest Holdings in Turkey. They recently complained to goverment that their profits were going down because everyone was betting online with better odds. That's why Turkish Goverment banned Betting on Uuncertificated online betting sites. That's why they probably put pressure on Neteller.

It still sucks tho because playing online poker isn't illegal but i can't still transfer funds to poker sites.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neteller's exit from Canada was clearly forced upon them by the American DoJ as part of the settlement in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL

I said this in legislation and I'm saying this here: I cannot believe how dumb you're all being. The American DOJ is going around telling a company that is providing a quasi-legal service in a foreign country to get out of the foreign country? Are you freaking kidding? I'd say that's the type of thing that gets people fired, but that'd imply that this actually occurs to someone to do. This is serious paranoid lunatic territory.

Blame somebody fairly high in your own DOJ for this one. At least they're having discussions with gambling processors rather than just prosecuting people to start with.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Neteller's exit from Canada was clearly forced upon them by the American DoJ as part of the settlement in the US.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no fan of the DoJ ... in fact, I think they're quite despicable. But I seriously doubt this.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:55 PM

Your mom.
Old 03-26-2007, 12:58 PM

Wow, I shouldn't be surprised though. I just came back from Canada after setting up a Canadian bank account and Neteller account. That's too bad. Oh well, I needed to setup a new Canadian bank account anyway.

Many of you laugh at this but it has merit. I don't think the US government has to necessarily tell Neteller to stop operating in Canada. I can see a seneario where they US government put pressure on the Canadian government. They do this all the time. It's conceivable that they asked the Canadian government to cooperate with them. The two countries are allies you know? They have an extradition treaty.

It's also not uncommon for the US government to coerce other governments, mainly their close allies, to act a certain way or face tarrifs on imports or face some other punitive measure. The tactics used by the US doesn't even have to be punitive. It could be incentive based. They are the most powerful and wealthiest government. The accusation isn't far fetched.
Old 03-26-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Down with America....Maybe Barney Frank will save us

[/ QUOTE ]
The last time I checked, Barney Frank was part of America.
Closed Thread